Am I missing a bonnet liner?

hcuk94

Dec 27, 2022
Hi all,
Forgive the possibly silly question but does anyone know if the Leon Mk2 Facelift 1.2 TSI S Copa would have come with a bonnet liner for sound deadening?

I haven’t owned the car from new so am just wondering if it was removed by the previous owner, or whether it wasn’t fitted from factory as I know some cars don’t get them from new.

Also if it didn’t come with one, do you think it’s worth me retrofitting one? (dynamat?). Do they make a reasonable difference to noise level in the cabin?

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2895.jpeg
    IMG_2895.jpeg
    623.6 KB · Views: 32

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Don't worry about it, makes no difference. When my son had a mk2 Linea R the felt liner continued to mold also after we sealed the hood from water, we putted it in the bin. Didnt bother to buy a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: hcuk94

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
Don't worry about it, makes no difference. When my son had a mk2 Linea R the felt liner continued to mold also after we sealed the hood from water, we putted it in the bin. Didnt bother to by a new one.
This is an offtopic, but did it continue to mold because of water getting in or ? Did you install the draining hose?

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
no, no, due to humidity in winter season it continued. Could not stop it!
Oh, thanks. I'm planning to change mine and install draining hose, hence the question. Not happy to hear it continued to gather mold... :/