228bhp/284lbst/ft - k03s and Im Done.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Cant see how i can get any more out of this setup now.

Im running B9 T9 +3° timing, 3" decat, forge fmic, TIP, Greddy EBC running 87% WG duty, powergasket, K03s and some other bits and bobs.

How the hell people say they can get 250bhp out of a k03s is beyond me.

Only thing that i could see would give me more bhp would be a high flow mani, lower ambients to be able to run more timing and maybe re-gapped plugs as mine were a little large when i checked them and i couldnt sort them out coz i couldnt find my feeler gauge, but i digress.

Any thoughts?

RRPrintoutBackSheet.jpg

RRPrintoutFrontSheet.jpg

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I've just made 237bhp and 267lb/ft on Saturday, Phil.

P-Torque stage 2 with 1.5' of timming added, Miltek Tb system, Forge TIP & DV and standard seat sport intercooler.

Edit: It was also on a Dastek roller :)

Last edited:

tommy2008cupra

ill be going down the same route soon fill got the ko3s ready to go on and i will be goin to see craig to do my mapping il see what i get on the rollers aswell mate to compare

ian_cupra

i only ever managed 225 out of my k03s, with 280 torque, so i recon yours sounds spot on Phil, but like you say, high flow mani will free up a little more :)

whats next in the pipeline then? BT??

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
My K03s was running Revo II at around 225BHP, the guy I sold it to took changed ECU's and had it mapped at Jabba or CustomCode (can't remember which) and had it rolled at 240bhp...

Dyno lottery I know,... but youhave a few more mods than my car had, so perhaps I would of expected a bit more on both sets of figures?

Either way, its impressive lol :)

Mike

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
If i can get a mani cheap enough i might throw one on just to see if it makes a difference. But as im currently saving to go BT i think it might be a waste of money.

jamiebennett81

How the hell people say they can get 250bhp out of a k03s is beyond me.

A) Does it matter?
B) Figures for pub talk?
C) Dyno Lottery?
D) Does it go well? - Yes as demonstrated on track = happy days

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Oh yeah, dont get me wrong the car goes wery well and im really happy with it, i was just making a point in saying i cant figure where another ~20bhp would come from.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
i cant figure where another ~20bhp would come from.

Ebay chip ;)

Even with the S3 pump in phil the dip at 4k is still there, i thought that the pump may have taken that out? How does it drive now with the S3 pump?

I might have an High flow manni go cheap soon, depending if my welded one holds up once fitted.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Mine made 247bhp/234lb/ft at star performance after a custom map

Mods at the time were:-

K03S
Dynatwist Ind Kit
Blueflame 3" dp/100 cell cat
Jetex 2.5" cat back
4bar fpr
Forge TIP
Pro Alloy FMIC kit

But I think boost peaked low at 17psi/1.1bar but was very progressive boost, giving me lower torque, higher bhp.......just what I think.

Got sick of it over boosting and limp mode all the time, and was'nt too keen on the setup, so moved onto BT.

I would much prefer a high torque setup myself, you car must go well......judging by what you said about your track days. Plus its hovering around the 220bhp+ mark from just over 4k to redline thats gotta be good, does'nt drop off.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.