2017 290

Pearcie

Nov 15, 2015
hi everyone

just joined this group, I currently drive a mk2 seat Leon fr, I'm looking to potentially upgrade to a mk3 leon cupra 290/300 around 2016-2019 model. Is there any common problems I should be aware of with these as I know the engine can suffer from coolant leaks from the waterpump/thermostat housing.

cheers

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Welcome! I think you'd be better off posting in the "introductions" section rather than here in the guides section. You'll get responses from that section as it has a lot more traffic viewing it.

Not sure so much on common problems but you are looking at both pre facelift and facelift, so brush up on the changes in case that helps narrow it down. I have a 2015 290 and a 2018 1.8tsi and I do like the lights on the facelift, and the 8" media screen. If you can get a facelift non GPF cupra that would be my choice for sure!!

Pearcie

Nov 15, 2015
Welcome! I think you'd be better off posting in the "introductions" section rather than here in the guides section. You'll get responses from that section as it has a lot more traffic viewing it.

Not sure so much on common problems but you are looking at both pre facelift and facelift, so brush up on the changes in case that helps narrow it down. I have a 2015 290 and a 2018 1.8tsi and I do like the lights on the facelift, and the 8" media screen. If you can get a facelift non GPF cupra that would be my choice for sure!!
Thanks for replying, what year did they facelift from and what does the facelift have that the pre facelift doesn't as a must have for me is the rare option of the bucket seats which I have discovered many people didn't choose the option of so they are very rare.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members