10 blades on a k03s?

tebotsc

Code:
Sorry lads, another :confused:member here.

I have bought a turbo from an audi TT (ARY) what looks like a k03s to me as it looks like the same as whats on my Anniversary Golf (AUQ). but this one in question is a recon cos the i.d plate is blank and the exterior looks almost like new

But after looking it seems to have 10 blades all together, 5 ontop of another which i dont get at all then after googling "10 blades k03" I found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KO3-TurboCharger-99-05-GOLF-GTI-MK4-1.8T-K03-TURBO_W0QQitemZ140336121175QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090728?IMSfp=TL0907281710001r36347
and thought it sounded similar
My friend has an AUM code with the same turbo and blades but we thought his was a k03
by the way this is a recon aswell
so if someone can tell me what this is i'd be much obliged

suni

10 blade k03/k03s??

Tebotsc, thought i may aswel join up.
If anyone could shed some light on this it'd be greatly helpful. The turbo that i have on my AUM engine is exactly the same as tebotsc from the engine that he's breaking. It has 10 blades which are equally apart and are arranged in 5 pairs and the plate which tells you what turbo it is, is also blank.
I am going to be going to RTech on Thursday for a remap and maybe the gains that I get from the turbo might tell us if these turbos are K03's or K03.
If its a K03s it'll make more than 200bhp easy if its k03 then it'll struggle to get near the K03s figures. Watch this space. i'll post again with the results.

suni

10 blade k03/k03s??nt

Hi guys,
i went down to Rtech today, its been a dissapointing day today i have no results unfortunately. Reason being got their bout half 2ish and they had a look at the car. Most of the car looked in good order except for the cold air piper cross induction which according to Rtech isnt great as its restrictive in some manner.
they did comment that it must be a "K03s" because it must be pure pure pure coincidence that me & terry have ended up with the same turbo (i told them bout the turbo off that tt engine that i was gonna get off u but found that it was same as mine)

..the psi gauge in my car was showing me a steady 14psi before; fort maybe a rolling road would reveal what bhp it was running on coz rtech do a before n aftr rolling road. BUT no rolling road because of the anniversary kit and the car sitting so low on coilovers with big 19" alloys (the sump would have been grinding; so no risks taken their)
When they tried to over-write the software that was already present they couldnt (because the car in its history had been done by Revo and as enthusiast you probably are aware that it locks the ECU on most occasions) so my 240 mile round trip went to waste. Still I went to a place called Stealth Racing in Conventry (30mins away from RTech) to unlock it and they were closing so dint really have much time to play with, ideally wanted them to upgrade the map as they had the revo software. It has been unlocked, whilst they unlocked it they found that the people that had previously remapped it had put it on low gains (very minimal i mean). "turbo not spooling well"

So on this occasion I have failed but im gonna get in touch with a Revo dealer to see if they can remap again or tweak the map or upgrade the map. Its a shame noone knows for certain what turbo it is. As im playing a guessing game. Hopefully fingers crossed things will be aitee (but if not im buying a k03s tomorrow anyway so i can prepare in advance)

Again look out for this space I'll give you guys an update..

Last edited by a moderator:

suni

I was gutted really travelling so far i fort they'd be capable of doing it. It locked the ECU and had put in to valet mode and hence it was a waste of day at that point. I cant blame them. theirs so many people saying good things bout them. am not one to point fingers.
Im just stuck with this darn turbo n dont know what to do.:cry:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
valet mode? and cant flash it?

:confused:

:no:

get it to a revo dealer, see what settings are in it and adjust accordingly.. or get a reflash if req'd if revo code wont cut it.
Vince is a good guy, if you give him some notice he can sort you out

Last edited:

suni

Spoke to Vince earlier on, im just going to get a genuine k03s rather than hoping and wishing the one on the car to be one. Need the ECU resetting to standard but Vince said his happy to do it and and is able to remove Revo off too and will do me a custom one too for £400 inc vat all in..

slappy_dunbar

FrankenTurbo
Sep 1, 2009
www.frankenturbo.com
heh? whats that mean?

Sorry -- when I wrote that it was meant to accompany a picture, which I was unable to post. Lacking the ability to link to a photo, I'll clarify to say 4 major, or large, blades and 4 minor/small ones. That's the standard configuration for OEM BorgWarner 2075-series compressor wheels, which are found on K03s and K04-001 turbos.

frankenturbo.com/webimages/IMG_2472.jpg

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
IMG_2472.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise