1.6 acceleration Lag

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
Hello guys, i've a 1.6 8v MK2 ( ABU ), since like 3 months i have been facing acceleration lag whenever i press the pedal gas to the max, and this happens at any rpm, like if i am on the 2nd gear at 3 rpm or even 4 rpm and then press the pedal gas, it struggles for 2 seconds and then suddenly accelerates perfectly.

i changed the spark plugs, and cleaned the throttle body but no good.

can anyone assist me to fix this problem.:cry:

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
Hello, yesterday i changed the rotor arm only, and i felt better response, however i can't really remember how was that engine responding. now whenever i fully press the gas pedal on 2nd gear at 2.5 rpm it responds immediately, but on 3rd gear at 2.5 rpm it accelerates slowly till 3 or 3.2 rpm and then it accelerates normally.
Don't know if this is normal, of course it's not an ABF or 2E engine, but i really don't remember how it was responding.

amadain

Sounds like the exact same symptoms my car had before it eventually conked. Turns out it was my fuel pump...

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
but if it was a fuel pump, shouldn't it struggles alot when i rev to 5000 rpm ??
bec. my way to work is like a highway and i keep revving on the 4th and 5th gear till 5000 RPM and there is no cutting out !!

amadain

but if it was a fuel pump, shouldn't it struggles alot when i rev to 5000 rpm ??
bec. my way to work is like a highway and i keep revving on the 4th and 5th gear till 5000 RPM and there is no cutting out !!

My car struggled in the low revs, 2nd and 3rd gear. Mostly 2nd gear. 4th and 5th was ok.

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
it's fixed after i repaired the plug on the dist cap, and after that my car stopped the backfire after i rev to 5000 rpm on any gear.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.