1.4TSI engine problems

Prydar

Jul 26, 2015
Lancaster, UK
The car is a 2010 Seat Ibiza FR 1.4tsi mapped with revo, no other mods apart from a K&N cone filter.

I got the car remapped back in October with a very reputable garage (UK Revo dealer of the year) and it was fantastic to drive for a while. Since February the car has been awful to drive, it has been juddering and has had a significant loss of power, I may add that the exhaust feels quite restrictive in terms of that the noise is a lot quieter than usual, I only use Shell V-Power fuel, the car also had new spark plugs and coil packs in october and an engine cleaner (Not sure what specific stuff it was) was used on the car at that time too. After the remap I noticed the garage had put a worryingly high amount of oil in the car as it was quite a way over the range your dipstick is meant to have oil to. All of these things is making me think I need a new catalytic converter but I'm not the most clued up. Today I finally got chance to get the car plugged in to diagnostics and the following faults were shown:

P0300 Random/Multiple Cyldinder misfire detected
P0301 Cylinder 1 misfire detected
P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire detected
P0106 Manifold Absolute pressure/Barometic pressure circuit range/performance
P0108 Manifold absolute pressure/barometic pressure circuit high
P0303 Cylinder 3 misfire detected
P0113 Intake air temperature senser 1 circuit high

.-Sam6J-.

Jan 3, 2016
I would change the spark plugs, coil pack and MAP sensor first.

PO106 is the to do with the link between the PCM and the MAF/MAP.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.