Ibiza Tdi FR on track (Donnington) With pics.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Was a funny day passing fast cars in a diesel, the proofs in the pics.

1675070715fbbo1.jpg

Somehow, managing to pic a wheel up in the ibiza. :)

203149869fbcg9.jpg

Flat through the crainer curves, or however you spell it.

1330589118fbyi2.jpg

A few pics from the day. First time out and really enjoyed the track, even if a little bit annoying understeering everywhere. I had the measure of a lot of good kit. BAT M3 caged on cuts, and a great tussel with a grey exige for 4 or 5 laps. Got wasted by the ariel, evo e30 m3, elise race car and a csr260 though. :cry:

721116307fbfl2.jpg

985942661fbim8.jpg

1594298835fbdp6.jpg

Arty farty

1225527563fbnp2.jpg

We couldn't stop pissing ourselves tbh. One thing I can say is the tdi is far quicker in a road environment. On track I was struggling with exit speeds, and appeared to be slower on the straights than I would have liked. You don't get chance to use the torque out of tight corners and other situations like you do on the road. :)

Everytime I got near a new CTR he moved over, I don't think he wanted me passing him when he was trying either. lol

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Great little thread this, love the Your problems with exiting corners could be down to experience. I am sure a remap will sort out the speed problem.

I am actually got to go on a drivers skill course before I go on track so I can tighten up my driving skills. Road drivng and track driving are different beasts.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Cars been remapped mate. I went pretty well tbh. The chasis isn't as bad as people say, but it could do with a better turn in. I whacked the rear pressures up and used the dirty track to break traction on the rear. The grip level was really apparent went elise's were undertaking me as I drifted out wide. All great fun though.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I found the Ibiza to be an understeery beast too on my first outing. Rear spacers really do do the trick. I managed to get mine on three wheels too (not using a curb for help though ;) ).

The diesel Ibiza's can punch above their weight on track!

PS I love the pics!

Clark10

Apr 13, 2005
Belfast
I found the Ibiza to be an understeery beast too on my first outing. Rear spacers really do do the trick. I managed to get mine on three wheels too (not using a curb for help though ;) ).

The diesel Ibiza's can punch above their weight on track!

PS I love the pics!

I know a lot of it is down to driver skill, but what cars will the Cupra beat/keep up with on the track?

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I know a lot of it is down to driver skill, but what cars will the Cupra beat/keep up with on the track?

Too many to keep a note of. Ive got a little video in my sig, but basically Elises, An M3 ;) , Evo 300, LEon Cupras, Standard cupra R's , Petrol cupras mk3+4 .

It really is down to the driver. I think im fairly quick and brands hatch, as ive done it many many times, so That could explain the M3 and Evo, Caterham and Exige scenario.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
To be honest my car has more advantage on the road with it power delivery than on a big flowing track.