Team GTR - Leon Cupra R

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Had a great day at the AmD Rolling Road event yesterday. Great bunch of people there. Great drive to and from the event with D.K and t0m, couple of the best LCR's in my opinion. Seeing these two cars rolling & then parked next to mine have given me a lot of ideas for mine so need to get cracking!!

Very happy with the car's performance. Guys checked it over for me and all seems to be ticking over nicely. Results on the rollers were very good also. When the car was mapped it was on a extremely hot day and AmD dd say that the car would run better figures on a cooler day and they weren't kidding. Car ran 288bhp, 313lb/ft :clap: What I am particularly happy with is the smoothness of the graph and how torque is held as opposed to spiking and dropping off quickly. Took a couple of guys for a spin and they too were impressed which is always a bonus ;)

Here are a couple of pics taken on my iphone. I will take a pic of the graph so you can see what I am mumbling on about.
899bb9e9.jpg

c70f9b49.jpg

Video of the rolling road, again on the iphone but you get an idea on how the car sounds on full power

There are some really nice pics taken by a few other SCN members on proper cameras so I will get them on here with a big thanks to the guys :)

drka-drka

New Schooler
Phew there goes my morning. Just spent the morning going back and forward reading this whole thread start to finnish.

Cracking LCR, good thread lots of tech stuff which iv learned a bit off. Lack of pics tho :lol:

Keep it up, dare say im thinking of using that exhuast place in brum looks good

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Phew there goes my morning. Just spent the morning going back and forward reading this whole thread start to finnish.

Cracking LCR, good thread lots of tech stuff which iv learned a bit off. Lack of pics tho :lol:

Keep it up, dare say im thinking of using that exhuast place in brum looks good

wow I am impressed. Well see it as payback as I've had to do it to your sexy readers ride thread ;)

Thanks for the comments mate, appreciate it. Makes it even more worth it when you get some good feedback. Yeah the guys at Midlands Exhausts are all good. Give them a shout and see how you get on really.

I will have to make sure there are plenty more pics from now on. Problem is, I tend to forget the camera when we get stuck into doing the work :ban:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Nice write up mate. Was a great day out in the LCR's!! :)

Your car goes really well and sounds mint!!

Thanks for the compliment aswell bud :D

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Nice write up mate. Was a great day out in the LCR's!! :)

Your car goes really well and sounds mint!!

Thanks for the compliment aswell bud :D

Cheers matey :) Need to compliment where it's due. Can't wait to see yours with the poly bushing all done. Brands Hatch is a must!!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cheers matey :) Need to compliment where it's due. Can't wait to see yours with the poly bushing all done. Brands Hatch is a must!!

Cheers bud. It's getting there...

I was loving the bay on yours, the brace and the coolant covers etc were tasty. There are bits I see on alot of other cars which I still want, lol.

Polybushing is happening early December, can't wait mate! 1st it's time to kill off this stupid knock sensor fault once and for all. Going AmD on the 8th November to have it replaced at long last. Then it's bush time and front ARB JOY!!! Lol.

What's the plans ahead for yours?

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Cheers bud. It's getting there...

I was loving the bay on yours, the brace and the coolant covers etc were tasty. There are bits I see on alot of other cars which I still want, lol.

Polybushing is happening early December, can't wait mate! 1st it's time to kill off this stupid knock sensor fault once and for all. Going AmD on the 8th November to have it replaced at long last. Then it's bush time and front ARB JOY!!! Lol.

What's the plans ahead for yours?

Sounds good mate. I'm at AmD's tomorrow hopefully getting a few maintenance bits done to keep it ticking over nicely. Will get them to give the car a good check over and let me know what areas they believe I should look at. After that I want to do some subtle cosmetic pieces here and there as I have got a few ideas now since the meet. Then I will see how I get on, knowing me I will want to do more to the car but then where do you stop!!!

Planning some track day trips for next year as well as the usual trips to Santa Pod and maybe some other shows like Inters................aka the posing shows ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Sounds good mate. I'm at AmD's tomorrow hopefully getting a few maintenance bits done to keep it ticking over nicely. Will get them to give the car a good check over and let me know what areas they believe I should look at. After that I want to do some subtle cosmetic pieces here and there as I have got a few ideas now since the meet. Then I will see how I get on, knowing me I will want to do more to the car but then where do you stop!!!

Planning some track day trips for next year as well as the usual trips to Santa Pod and maybe some other shows like Inters................aka the posing shows ;)

Nice one mate. Can't beat a good healthcheck on the car and advice from them to see if anything you wouldn't normally check - is on it's way out etc. Always a good idea to have this sort of thing done before the winter really sets in aswell.

Looking forward to your ideas mate! And think I'll join you in the shows, whether mine gets on track in the end is another question lol. She has to be ready and I want to get her an LSD now haha!

Just seen the pics above and the car looks lovely mate!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Nice one mate. Can't beat a good healthcheck on the car and advice from them to see if anything you wouldn't normally check - is on it's way out etc. Always a good idea to have this sort of thing done before the winter really sets in aswell.

Looking forward to your ideas mate! And think I'll join you in the shows, whether mine gets on track in the end is another question lol. She has to be ready and I want to get her an LSD now haha!

Just seen the pics above and the car looks lovely mate!

Haha the list never ends mate. Ooooooooo LSD.....droooool!! Thanks mate, Darren works that camera nicely don't he :)

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Nice to meet you yesterday mate :) You exhaust made my mind up about getting a custom exhaust, think i may have to get the same one. Midland exhaust... where are they? EDIT just found them.

Could you PM me your account number and sort code and i'll transfer you that money tomorrow lunchtime.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Nice to meet you yesterday mate :) You exhaust made my mind up about getting a custom exhaust, think i may have to get the same one. Midland exhaust... where are they? EDIT just found them.

Could you PM me your account number and sort code and i'll transfer you that money tomorrow lunchtime.

Hi mate. Great to meet you also, sorry I was a bit slow at the beginning figuring out who you were...........was way too early for me lol

Good stuff dude. Really liking your car and the plans. Midlands Exhaust are an option but there's also another one close by as well. Il find out who they are and what they like. One of the Cupra guys I was chatting to was telling me about them so I will keep you posted

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members