OBD Modifications

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
If i remember right there was change in instrumental cluster so the previous 2020 didn't have it. Hard to say if that could be some how done with firmware update on the cluster.

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
@simoammi Thank you very much. I installed the steering wheel number 5FA419091EL (I have Leon Xcelence), I did the coding according to your instructions and everything works. Cost 100euro 😁

Attachments

• 1000025160.jpg
    1000025160.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: simoammi

simoammi

Nov 21, 2021
- Disconnect battery iff you want or keep igniton off.
- Release the airbag
- Disonnect the airbag
- Replace the TKL module
- Put airbag back
- Reconventie Battery iff you did so
- Drive
Hi Antera! thank you for your explanation, the original module has 3 cables and in the photo it replaces only one. Is it still OK? Is it left original for the two missing ones?

Attachments

• photo_2023-11-10_15-09-36.jpg
    photo_2023-11-10_15-09-36.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 97

simoammi

Nov 21, 2021
Hello ! Is it possible with obd11 to have this menu for Esc and Tcs ?
Yes !
the coding is this:

control unit 03 brakes ,

long coding you move to the bytes, drawing 0101010101
you go to the bottom moving all the way to the right, count 6 going back to the left and you find an entry starting with A, mine was A2
Remove bit 01 and put in bit 02 - the entry becomes A4 .
Scroll to activate.
finished

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
If i remember right there was change in instrumental cluster so the previous 2020 didn't have it. Hard to say if that could be some how done with firmware update on the cluster.
Yes, I also have an 2020 model (Xcellence trim) imported from Poland and I also don't have those settings...
Looks like a age thing then?

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
Yes !
the coding is this:

control unit 03 brakes ,

you go to the bottom moving all the way to the right, count 6 going back to the left and you find an entry starting with A, mine was A2
Scroll to activate.
finished
Thanks again.

P.S. I ordered a KLR module for myself that has outputs for all three plugs.

Attachments

• IMG_20231111_133153.jpg
    IMG_20231111_133153.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20231111_133147.jpg
    IMG_20231111_133147.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 175
  • Screenshot_2023-11-11-13-44-41-248_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-11-13-44-41-248_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 176

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
I see you managed to encode, great!

I bought this, but it didn't work and I returned it... the seller told me it was right for my car...

The steering wheel worked normally but it told me to keep my hands on the wheel
I took this exact one from the auction you provided. so the one from this auction with an output of 3 didn't work for you and you bought another one now or Is the one from the auction you are giving is correct ? someone wrote in the comments that it works with Seat Leon. It hasn't sent yet and I have a chance to cancel it.

simoammi

Nov 21, 2021
I took this exact one from the auction you provided. so the one from this auction with an output of 3 didn't work for you and you bought another one now or Is the one from the auction you are giving is correct ? someone wrote in the comments that it works with Seat Leon. It hasn't sent yet and I have a chance to cancel it.
the seller says it is correct for my car, but it didn't work. i fitted the capacitive steering wheel after purchase, it was from an ateca, so maybe the decoder is different

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
the seller says it is correct for my car, but it didn't work. i fitted the capacitive steering wheel after purchase, it was from an ateca, so maybe the decoder is different
ok now I understand. I have the Excellence and I also bought the Excelence version, only with the TA button. In that case, I'll wait for the shipment and let you know if it works.

Antera

May 21, 2023
Yes !
the coding is this:

control unit 03 brakes ,

Scroll to activate.
finished
thanks i will give it a try !

LeonST 184

Dec 22, 2021
Scotland
Hi Everyone,

I have been having a play with OBDeleven with my car (FR First Edition) and have managed to code some things and thought Id share what I have found and create a thread where people can share there findings for us all.

I have managed to code:
Cupra Display
Lane Assist Point Of Intervention (Have yet to test, but should keep the car more central rather then let it almost drift out of lane before kicking in)
Lane Assist Set To Last Setting
Lane Assist Warnings Turned Off

I know a lot of people find lane assist is already to sensitive (its already set to lowest from factory), so I might have found a solution to this too. So you can turn it off and it will remember this setting each time the car is turned on etc, so now you can make it sensitive for the motorway and only turn it on when you want it.

Cupra Display:
Module 17 (Dashboard) -> Long Coding -> View Activation -> Set All 16 Views to active -> Write To Car

View attachment 21580

Lane Assist Point Of Intervention:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Point Of Intervention -> Set To Early -> Write To Car

Lane Assist Warnings:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Lane Assist Off Text -> Set To Disabled -> Write To Car

View attachment 21581

Lane Assist Settings:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Configuration For Lane Departure Warning K15 -> Set To Last Setting -> Write To Car

Let me know what you guys find :D
I have tried cupra view but no luck, I have active view 7 and 8
Hi Everyone,

I have been having a play with OBDeleven with my car (FR First Edition) and have managed to code some things and thought Id share what I have found and create a thread where people can share there findings for us all.

I have managed to code:
Cupra Display
Lane Assist Point Of Intervention (Have yet to test, but should keep the car more central rather then let it almost drift out of lane before kicking in)
Lane Assist Set To Last Setting
Lane Assist Warnings Turned Off

I know a lot of people find lane assist is already to sensitive (its already set to lowest from factory), so I might have found a solution to this too. So you can turn it off and it will remember this setting each time the car is turned on etc, so now you can make it sensitive for the motorway and only turn it on when you want it.

Cupra Display:
Module 17 (Dashboard) -> Long Coding -> View Activation -> Set All 16 Views to active -> Write To Car

View attachment 21580

Lane Assist Point Of Intervention:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Point Of Intervention -> Set To Early -> Write To Car

Lane Assist Warnings:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Lane Assist Off Text -> Set To Disabled -> Write To Car

View attachment 21581

Lane Assist Settings:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Configuration For Lane Departure Warning K15 -> Set To Last Setting -> Write To Car

Let me know what you guys find :D
I have tried cupra view with vcds activated view 7 and 8 but no change
Is there any security access code?

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
I have tried cupra view but no luck, I have active view 7 and 8

I have tried cupra view with vcds activated view 7 and 8 but no change
Is there any security access codey
SFD unlock, open bonnet, parking mode and handbrake. You can activate all views. I dont remember wchich one is cupra. I think its 6 or 8

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members