Yokohama Parada tyre

slimtater

Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
Just seen a LCR with these tyres on - they look stunning. Has anyone any comments about these as they seem like an alternative to GSD3s?

Cran

Jun 9, 2003
Cambridge
Visit site
yokohama_parada_large.jpg

Seen some comments on a forum about them being noisy and not too good in the wet... but no idea if they are good or not.

madmonk

Feb 2, 2004
Worcestershire
Yokohama Parada

Were they on a flash red LCR at Curborough sprint track ?
If so that was me.

The yoko's are fantastick in the dry, giving grip & steering response like a track day tyre. They are noisier than the Pirelli's but only on sertain road surface.

They are treadware 300 which means they should be very long lasting. So far I have done 600 hard miles & there are no signs of visible ware.

wet grip :thumbd: This is the only thing that lets them down. The pirelli's I took off had about 3mm left on them & the new yoko's have about the same grip, I am hoping they will get better when they are bedded in a bit more.

If you want any Yokohama Parada 225/40R18 92W (reinforced) tyres I am a stockist of them. Price £112.00 inc vat (+ carriage & you will have to get them fitted)

madmonk

slim_boy_fat

madmonk said:
They are treadware 300 which means they should be very long lasting. So far I have done 600 hard miles & there are no signs of visible ware.

madmonk

Since you sell tyres maybe you should investigate what the treadwear means on a sidewall.

You cant compared that with any othe tyre.

:cheers:

madmonk

Feb 2, 2004
Worcestershire
treadware

The treadware number on the sidewall of a tyre is for the American market and is there to guage the aproximate life of a tyre.

Basicaly the higher the number the longer the tyre should last, with 300 being the current highest treadware number available.

See www.toyo.com.au/tech_info.html (UTQG for PCT - January 2001)for a more detailed explanation.

Last edited:

slimtater

Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
madmonk said:
If so that was me.
madmonk

Yes mate, it was - I was the other Flash Red LCR near the ambulance.
The tyres look fantastic - even bigger/slicker than they should! I have always been a fan of Yokis.

slim_boy_fat

madmonk said:
The treadware number on the sidewall of a tyre is for the American market and is there to guage the aproximate life of a tyre.

Basicaly the higher the number the longer the tyre should last, with 300 being the current highest treadware number available.

See www.toyo.com.au/tech_info.html (UTQG for PCT - January 2001)for a more detailed explanation.

Yes but it only an indication of the wear between tyres of the same manufacture NOT different ones.

i.e. A Toyo 240 and a Dunlop 240 dont necesserally wear at the same rate.

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
madmonk said:
If so that was me.

The yoko's are fantastick in the dry, giving grip & steering response like a track day tyre. They are noisier than the Pirelli's but only on sertain road surface.

wet grip :thumbd: This is the only thing that lets them down. The pirelli's I took off had about 3mm left on them & the new yoko's have about the same grip, I am hoping they will get better when they are bedded in a bit more.

If you want any Yokohama Parada 225/40R18 92W (reinforced) tyres I am a stockist of them. Price £112.00 inc vat (+ carriage & you will have to get them fitted)

madmonk

Hi there, you got a price for these Yokos in 225/45/R17 z/w/y ?? Thanks.

madmonk

Feb 2, 2004
Worcestershire
225/45R17 Parada

Sorry It took so long to get back to you.

Unfortunatly the Yokohama Parada is not available in 225/45R17 at the moment.

However Yokohama say that new sizes are constantly being added to the Parada range and this tyre size may be available in the future.

madmonk

prc

Sooty Meister
slim_boy_fat said:
Yes but it only an indication of the wear between tyres of the same manufacture NOT different ones.

i.e. A Toyo 240 and a Dunlop 240 dont necesserally wear at the same rate.

very true SBF! :yes:
I pretty much think that the rating is BS, as is the traction,temp ratings with the AA,A, B rating.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Just fitted 2 of these on mine. Paid £230 including the tracking being done. Ive put these on the back and moved the rears to the front which were the Kumho KU-31's. Not had any rain as yet so dont know what they'll be like nut the grip during the dry is great, I can feel the difference.

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
Had 3 sets of these and as stated they are excellent Dry tyres, diabolical in the wet though but as they were on my S3 the 4WD compensated and kept me on the road. I was happy with this compromise as the dry performance was very very good.

They are quite soft, all sets lasting no more than 10k.

I WON'T be putting them on the LCR, we just have too many damp/wet days over dry days in the UK.

They are pretty noisy as well, the tread block movement can generate a wheel bearing type hum, especially when worn as the inside edge tread blocks 'migrate' and cause a wave like profile (ridges on the edge of the inside tread blocks when worn).

So for summer use and occasional track days they are great, but if you want to be safe and confident in damp or wet conditions then forget it.

I get them at cost which was around £85 (sorry to the supplier on here :) ) but that's from my mate and no I can't or wont resupply them, sorry.

caveo

i have these on my ihi'd cupra and they grip all day long and i wont use any other tyre and at 96 quid fitted from my local motorsave they are a bargin ( 17")

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise