wots this mean

dirtydubber

As I havn't had a positve response from my last plea for help, I'm going to have to ask what may seem like a stupid question, but please play along with me on this. I have an orange light come on on my dash with what looks like a picture of an engine, what does this mean?

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Picture of your engine, you say? No doubt someone will be along shortly with a full answer.. but in the mean time, whip it out!!! Your owner's manual, that is.

There is a section detailing each and every dash-light. Go for it :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It means if you read your manual you would have known the answer to this question yourself ;)

It's a warning light to tell you something is wrong. What the something is, you don't know. If you have VAG-COM you can search for the fault code that will be logged. If you don't, you should take it to your nearest dealer ASAP to get it looked at.

It could be nothing, it could be a sensor somewhere throwing up odd readings. OR... it could the start of something much more serious that needs attention. So either way, get it checked out ASAP.

And in the future, remember your owners manual has all this information in it.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Sucks to be me, then. First post of his I've read.. either way, old man RobM's advice is still true :) SEAT dealer asap.. (failing that.. ask a VW, Audi or Skoda dealer nicely to plug it in!)

Skoda local to me have been a God-send.. excellent garage for VAG issues. Nearest SEAT dealership to me is 20 miles away... not a distance I want to travel if I've got warning lights on my dash, or an exhaust hanging off etc.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Who are you calling old!?! :lol:

I might not have done any work in the past day or so, and I might have been on this forum for much more time than is healthy :blink: but I'm not old :D

dirtydubber

yeah thanks for the quick and witty replys about the users manual, which I would have consulted first, if I had one! But I havn't, and no one seems willing to lend me one. As for using the search facility, you will not often see me post pointless question on ANY forum as I always use the search, and browse through other posts on the forum looking for advice long before I post a question that has been asked and answered many times in the past. However, on this occasion, the search did not provide the answers I was looking for, hence me asking the question.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Fair enough... but I've just searched for 'engine warning light' and it came back with over 140 threads. That's just from this section.

dirtydubber

Fair enough... but I've just searched for 'engine warning light' and it came back with over 140 threads. That's just from this section.

Me too, but none of them told me what I wanted to know. Not to worry though, I will just nip down to either VW, or Skoda, and see if they can find the fault code for me. Cheers guys.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Sorry I personally cannot be any more help, fella. :<

Old timer RobM is a wealth of information, nay! a fount of knowledge, but he likes the "Searchy searchy" phrase :)

The light could mean any one of a load of small/big issues... VAG Group dealer it is :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise