• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Worn out floor mats

stewbake

Nov 10, 2005
A land down under
Hi guys, just after some advice here, the drivers floor mat bit where my heel sits (that I bought in August last yr) has worn out. Has anyone had similar probs?

I feel I am within my rights to either ask for my money back or a replacement, but just want to know where I stand
:confused:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Mats always wear out under the drivers heel area, I doubt you'll get anywhere with a refund, even though it is a bit soon at 6 months old.

You could always stop wearing those stilletoes, they play havoc with floor mats, so I'm told ;)

stewbake

Nov 10, 2005
A land down under
Ok mate, cheers, I'll go to the dealers later and try it. Might also push my luck and ask them to replace them for Seat Sport ones. stay tuned!

Oh and by the way, the stillettos are only for Saturday nights in Brighton!:redface:

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
stewbake said:
Ok mate, cheers, I'll go to the dealers later and try it. Might also push my luck and ask them to replace them for Seat Sport ones. stay tuned!

Oh and by the way, the stillettos are only for Saturday nights in Brighton!:redface:
If you can get Seat Sport ones in this country you will be very lucky!

Deleted member 12175

spyke85 said:
If you can get Seat Sport ones in this country you will be very lucky!

To me the demand is very high with people wanting the sports mats.:think: I know i want them so why don't Seat bring them over here!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
stewbake said:

why don't you ask em to replace the petrol on your tank too as it keeps running out.

honestly, they won't budge, but i'd be impressed if they keep a straight face when you ask.

although it woul dbe good if you could buy individiual mats, i mean especialy when 9 times out of 10 the only one that wears out is the drivers mat,

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Ant FR said:
although it woul dbe good if you could buy individiual mats, i mean especialy when 9 times out of 10 the only one that wears out is the drivers mat,
Indeed. The Passat's got a set of mats, all are good as new except for the heel hole in the driver's side....

Deleted member 12175

spyke85 said:
I'm after a set also. Going on holiday to Spain in the summer so may see if I can get some then.

I would buy a big load and then bring them back here. Noticed pleny on this site want them. Make a fortune possibly!

maddest_cow_eva

I keep my drivers side covered with cheap plain black Wilkinsons mat and just remove it when I'm off to shows and stuff, works a treat and saves on money. :)

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Apparently theres a 6 months warranty on SEAT Original accessories which are wear and tear...

Dunno if quoting that will do u any good, but dude, just buy some more if your desparate. Or try to snaffle some Aluminium plate ones

stewbake

Nov 10, 2005
A land down under
Cheers guys for the advice, Edbutler, the wear and tear warranty is what I'm using. I don't want to get a new set of the same mats, as I'm just going to be in the same position 6 months down the road. I've pointed this out to them- we'll see what the answer is.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Just a thought. If you are going to buy mats from Spain, am I right in thinking they won't fit because they are custom made to fit a LHD car? ;)

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
IainW said:
Just a thought. If you are going to buy mats from Spain, am I right in thinking they won't fit because they are custom made to fit a LHD car? ;)
There is a part number for RHD, so will just go in with this part number. Good thinking though!

stewbake

Nov 10, 2005
A land down under
Ant FR said:
honestly, they won't budge, but i'd be impressed if they keep a straight face when you ask.

Well, it seems you were wrong mate, Frosts of Portslade have replaced the mats free of charge and without any hassle!:bleh:

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
spyke85 said:
There is a part number for RHD, so will just go in with this part number. Good thinking though!

Can't imagine many Spanish dealers will be stocking RHD mats.

But a good idea to try and persuade SEAT UK to supply one mat for the drivers well