Whos experienced Yokohama Prada tyres?

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
I want to change my tyres and wondered if these are a good choice, they're semi slick and soft which i know means they wont last long but ive seen sum for a good price.
yoko-prada-spec2.jpg

Bubsy

Feb 16, 2007
Bloody brilliant in the dry but hopeless in the wet. Like chewing gum when they got hot.

Poverty

with super sticky tyres wouldnt you guys be more suspectile to fluffing your gearboxes under harsh takeoffs in first? Harder compounds will just let the fronts spin if you dump the clutch too quickly at too high a rpm :)

Just something to consider I suppose.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I have had 4 Prada 2's for about abotu a week, tread is mean and they look the bollox, superb in the dry, havent had them in the wet yet... lol

Mike

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Fantastic in the dry, alright in the wet... great tyre though. I've a set of brand new 16's for sale on here to. (they might be the ones you've seen!)

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
Goodyear Eagle F1's GSD3's I had on my Polo, they are fantastic tyres!!! I'll be getting me some of these when needs be
A mate of mine has these Prada ones on his golf tdi and likes them...grippy round corners etc but he said they aren't too hot in the wet and will change when he gets chance lol :think:

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
hhmmmmm well i was gunna get them for summer but thinkin bout it now i wont beable to afford winter tyres lol they're only £250 with free delivery tho. might look into toyo proxes T1-R, ive got T1-S at mo wot do u think of them?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Slicks be rubbish in the wet mate, try T1-R, I had T1-S and they were useless in wet if pushed hard!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
t1-R's seem to have nothing but good comments on every thread i read so i think i know what im after cheers chap!

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I have been running 4 T1-R's for a while now, so much grip in dry, reduced my torque steer!!

They're about 80 each fitted or less

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
i had a couple of spec 2's put on the front a few weeks back - great tyre, noticed the difference straight away, as said in the dry they stick to the road really well, havent really pushed them in the wet - but i never drive fast when its wet anyway.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
my t1-rs are blooming brilliant seriously I love them (not I had a diffrent tyre on every cornor when I bought the car) so the diffrence is amazing. Yes I drive a 1.2 so I dont push it too much but it does grip loads. Anyway well worth the money

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I have the prada spec 2s on my front and in the dry they are VERY good! :yes:

but in the wet they are shocking! :cry: (but then i guess most tyres on a FWD car are crap in the wet with a heavy right foot and a LOT of power! ;))

but what do you expect for a summer tyre?!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.