Who's done a ko3 -> ko4 turbo swap?

Leon Mike

Dec 11, 2004
South West
Just got a lot of bits together for my ko4 swap on my leon cupra (180) engine going in is a golf 20vt engine with agu head/inlet manifold, uprated internals etc, just a few questions.

So far i've got the turbocharger, exhaust manifold, oil and water pipes, brackets and injectors and a front mounted intercooler.

Will a TT or S3 downpipe and cat fit the Leon, will the oxygen probes fit in the same place?

Whats the best intake pipe to use bearing in mind the MAF on a standard ko4'd car would be of a larger diameter....and wanting to keep the dv etc in the standard location.

Thanks in advance!

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
How come you are using the AGU engine? isn't this the one from the early golf turbo, without the VVT? Its what is in my brothers Golf and AMD told him it had a smaller ECU which did not have the same tuning abilities?

Leon Mike

Dec 11, 2004
South West
frigging the vvt into the agu head:)

The block in question is from a engine i've known the history of, low milage etc. + It's on my stand being rebuilt...unlike the engine in the leon...can't take it off the road for very long when I get round to doing the swap:help:

Leon Mike

Dec 11, 2004
South West
Ha no worries mate,

Its a 180 Cupra (standard colour) With the R Bumpers, Skirts and wheels:rolleyes:

Bought the car like it from a chap on here about 3 yrs ago now as you see it now only with a lot more milage and a few more scratches:whistle:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Try the Tunning Section, prob a bit more know how there!
Don't know about the DP, because both TT/S3 are 4wd and so have the prob and diff floor pan. so it porb won't!

Leon Mike

Dec 11, 2004
South West
Im up to speed on all the plumbing issues with regards to charge cooling etc now, just the downpipe really...was under the impression that a downpipe from a leon cupra r would fit.

At the end of the day as long as I can get the ko4 flange a downpipe could be knocked up no problem

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Thats what i was about to say mate, once you've got the flange the rest is easy!
Just find a downpipe with the right flange try it to see if it fits in the gap, if not, cut and weld, if it fits without that your a lucky man!