Who,s tried a K&n air filter?

johnvx220

May 10, 2007
Plymouth
Put a K&N filter on my Tdi FR the other day and was disapointed. In the past they always helped. May be only a little with my prevoius diesels but in the case of the FR it seemed worse :(. I know its a low reving unit compared to petrol but I was hoping a little bit more.

johnvx220

May 10, 2007
Plymouth
Yes, panel type. In previous cars the top end of the rev range was better but in my FR not so. Have taken it out now and put the org. back in.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Put a K&N filter on my Tdi FR the other day and was disapointed. In the past they always helped. May be only a little with my prevoius diesels but in the case of the FR it seemed worse :(. I know its a low reving unit compared to petrol but I was hoping a little bit more.

Doesn't suprise me, Diesel's have to pass more air than petrols anyway [passat 130 was fitted with the 2.5 tdi air filter system as std.] - probabley gain more if you can improve the the air entry too the filter system.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
i have had the K&N in since Nov, slight better response on the throt, thats about it, could try the Green range as K&N are a bit oily.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members