• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Which headlights are best for 2024 facelift?

Jul 18, 2024
Hi, I'm in the market for a Cupra LEON SP 2024 facelift model, I have some questions that my dealership can't answer which I hope this forum might. :D
I live in a dark, rural place and therefore need good light form the car. My previous Ibiza (2019) had fantastic LED- headlights (non matrix) and when I got my current Seat LEON SP 2022 with the projector headlights (non-matrix) I thought that they where gonna be better, but they where so underwhelming that I thought they where faulty. Ended up installing a lightbar. Current lease ends soon and I don't want to make the same mistake again with the headlights on the Cupra, but I think that the matrix headlights are expensive.

Q:
1. Are the matrix headlights brighter? (different LEDs, more LEDs?)
2. Are the matrix headlights any different from the standard Cupra projector headlights?
3. Are the matrix headlights worth it?

Best regards.
Mr Lumens

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
I’ve found with this current style of headlight you don’t get as much reach as before. The previous gen LEDs in the Mk3 Leon and the first gen Cupre Atecas were excellent. I’ve actually manually adjusted my headlights up half a turn to compensate. Saying that, I’ve only ever heard good things about matrix units and if you have the budget it’s a no brainer.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’ve found with this current style of headlight you don’t get as much reach as before. The previous gen LEDs in the Mk3 Leon and the first gen Cupre Atecas were excellent. I’ve actually manually adjusted my headlights up half a turn to compensate. Saying that, I’ve only ever heard good things about matrix units and if you have the budget it’s a no brainer.
Poorly adjusted headlamps from the factory seems to be a fairly common issue with some VW’s (There’ve been posts on various VW forums over the years on this).

I had to manually adjust the headlamps to improve the beam reach on my current VW as they were dangerously low IMHO, making night time driving a hazard. My previous car’s (a VW) also had poor headlamp beam reach but I tolerated them without adjusting them for the 4.5 years I owned the car - the dealer always said they were ‘within tolerance’. Interestingly, that car failed its MOT after I’d sold it; the reason? the headlamp beam was too low. It passed two MOT’s while I owned it with those low set headlamps 🤔.

Jul 18, 2024
Thank you all for this input.
As some if you pointed out, I also experienced that the lights where very low with this car.

The seller at the dealership actually took the new Cupra Leon SP home as a loner, just to compare the headlights with his current generation cupra. His conclusion was that the new standard Cupra Leon SP headlights were noticeable/significantly better than the current generation Seat Leon SP projector headlights that I got, hopefully he told the truth since I went with those. The matrix headlights would stretch my budget.

If I remember I will try to take some pictures in the same location with both cars to help others decide in the future.

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)