Wheel refurbs!

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
well, somehow after 7 hours of having my new wheels fitted i had a mare down a tight street and scraped the rear passengers side one all down the kerb! was gutted, it fcuked about 6 spokes at the same time so i spent all of saturday night and sunday morning crying!
Been to the local chipsaway garage this morning and they quoted me £64 to get it refurbed, is this a decent price? I want to get it done ASAP (it's booked in for tomorrow!) before my parents find out about it 'cause i'll get beaten if they find out about it, has anyone else had their wheels redone and how much did it cost?

Damn the tight residential on-street-parking streets in Lichfield! :cry: :cry:

danmay

Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
i couldn't believe it, i was absolutely gutted!

Don't feel too badly robbed now then, someone in the past told me £30 a wheel which is why i thought i may be paying over he odds but after your comments ad that seems to be ok!

The wheels are cool tho ;)

danmay

Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
i was just coming off the island from tesco and Focus DIY *** thats where me gf works on a weekend, going out towards birmingham and took the first turn on the left too fine trying to avoid an OAP in a range rover and clipped the back wheel against the kerb, christ only knows how i managed to scrape 6 of the 12 spokes on it lol, am gutted!
glad everyone seems to think the price is ok tho :)

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Theres a good place in brownhills which isnt that far from cannock, not sure what they are called il try and find out but they did a good job on my girlfreinds uncles audi wheels.

Clark10

Apr 13, 2005
Belfast
Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone know any good, reasonably priced places to get alloys refurbed around Belfast?

pg glasgow

Feb 17, 2007
for one wheel i think its usualy about £50.
i got all mines done on my old car and they wanted £160 the place i went done a real crap job you could see the marks where the kerb damage had been and the laquer was coming off around the edges.the colour wasnt the same as before either.i had a good old moan and got a discount.wasnt that bothered coz i was selling the car anyway.
just be sure to give the wheel a good inspection before handing over your hard earned money and make sure they gaurantee their work.

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Pg Glasgow where was that about?

Just am in fife and will make sure to avoid it.

If u ever get a set done again try ipf over my way. £35 a wheel and its powdercoated not just painted like most do

danmay

Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
:wtf: !!!!! ooh bugger i'm scared now! I hope that chipsaway are a decent enough company to do it properly, my mate had his wheels redone there (they were black though.....) and they came out ok, just hope they do a good job!

danmay

Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
theyve told me to leave it all day rosc but i reckon it should only take an hour or 2 to get it sorted, i could probably get away with leaving it but i'm too much of a perfectionist- i hate the car being dirty let alone having a nakered alloy- will take it tomorrow and put a quick post of what gets done!

pg glasgow

Feb 17, 2007
rosco i dont remember the name of the place that i went to but it was just off south street near whiteinch glasgow.
hopefully wont ever need to visit another wheel clinic i avoid the dreaded "kerbasaurus" like the plague these days but ill keep yours in mind just incase.cheers mate.

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
well my work sends metal to be powdercoated so my wheels are getting popped in aswel.

But its not ipf that we deal with, Just when i was in that trade thats who we used, At 35 a corner for powdercoated wheels **** dear!

Only thing is they need wheels for a max 3-4 days.

Ive been working in glasgow the now last day tomorrow thank fook.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I had one wheel repainted the other week

£58 and they painted all of the wheel to exactly the same colour (FR wheels are a funny colour so they say)

good job too

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.