wheel bearing noise intolerable

xr2turbo

Nov 30, 2009
norfolk
fitted my 18's today
looks good if you ask me, shame they make the wheel bearing noise intolerable so its back to the original 16's as the starfish rims are to go
drives very nicely on them tho

gonna have to do the bearings i guess, there was noise before on the 17's but nothing like now
any bpody got any tips? can they be done hub in situe? as its a chore to get the hubs off, last time the rack didnt want to leave and still hasnt
DSCF8750.jpg

DSCF8749.jpg

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
They look good mate just need to drop it a couple of mm to finish off the look. Not sure about the bearing question mate sorry

xr2turbo

Nov 30, 2009
norfolk
yeah deffo needs a drop, im awaiting a couple of tyres too as these have edged up
may be getting a couple in swaps for me fitting a tv aerial :lol:

dunno why my title changed it was showing off my wheels and the question was thrown in for good measure but ho hum

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Are the front tyres on the 18's new or part worn. Because if they're part worn the they might have feathering (uneven wear) on the inside egdes which can sound like a wheel bearing problem.

xr2turbo

Nov 30, 2009
norfolk
they are about half worn, were on em when i got em, worn 1's are on the rear

getting another set of 18's tomorrow for the tyres so that may fix it, dont think they are 5x100 but could be so may bang them on

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise