Whats is the difference between the Sport model and then the Reference Sport?

conzy

Jan 5, 2007
Sorry if this has been covered but I have been looking at changing to a leon and the dealer left me confused about the differences between the models

They have a mint Jan06 Leon 2.0 TDI Sport, climate control, 17" wheels, etc. they also have a Reference sport as well but it didn't seem to as well specced as the straight sport. He then told me that the had just changed the name from sport to Stylance but it didn't look the same as a sport to me

Can anyone explain the differences to me

Thanks

conzy

Jan 5, 2007
I have been checking on the seat website but the sport model is not listed there??

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Sport was discontinued when the FR was released.

Reference Sport fits in between Reference and Stylance IIRC.

Last edited:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I think the equipment on the Sport was pretty much the same as the present FR. The Reference Sport misses out on some things like electric rear windows, dual zone climate control and steering wheel audio controls. The Sport was the top of the range model when the Leon was introduced.

conzy

Jan 5, 2007
Thanks for that I took it out for a test drive and liked it, love the 17" rims on it they look so much better than the 16" imo. The spec seems similar to the Stylance 2.0 model bar the sports seats and the 17" rims

HarryKatinnen

Sorry if this has been covered but I have been looking at changing to a leon and the dealer left me confused about the differences between the models

They have a mint Jan06 Leon 2.0 TDI Sport, climate control, 17" wheels, etc. they also have a Reference sport as well but it didn't seem to as well specced as the straight sport. He then told me that the had just changed the name from sport to Stylance but it didn't look the same as a sport to me

Can anyone explain the differences to me

Thanks

Hi there

The Sport was originally the top model in the Leon line up and the forerunner of the more powerful FR which has now replaced it (FR = 168ps vs Sports 140ps).

As such the Sport had a higher spec than the Reference Sport with larger Alloys, Climate Control, rear electric windows and some other minor trim differences. Both were equipped with the 2.0 TDI 140ps engine

The Stylance co existed alongside the Sport and Reference Sport as the comfort trim model in that it didn't have the sports seats or sports suspension. I also believe I am right in saying that originally it was only available with the 1.9 TDI engine (105ps?)

I have a Sport and I am positively loving it. Of course there is also the option to remap using REVO , Custom Code or the like (plenty of tyhreads on this site and loyts of helpful members) :clap: which is likely to take you above the power levels of a standard FR TDI (Revo quote 185ps). Whatever you decide they are great cars:funk:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members