What to buy; Falcon, Kumoh or Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres?

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
Hi,

I need to replace my front tyres on my '05 PD130 1.9TDi FR and want some advice.

I currently have Pirelli's P-Zero Nero's on the rear and wanted to know what people thought of them; wet, dry and durability. Any advice would be good as I've just bought the car and it will be the first time I have had to replace them.

Cheers

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
the pirelli's are too expensive for what they are...go for T1R's, should last just as long and save roughly £20 per tyre, much better performance and less road noise

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Toyo's t1r's on mine, did a trackday at beford with them on at the weekend. Superb in the wet, my mate in his type r couldnt keep up through the bends. Cant fault them for the money.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
absolutely NOT p-zero neros, they're awful tyres!!

I have Falken 452's myself, they're pretty good IMO, not really had much dry weather to use them in lately so I'll have to reserve judgement on them. Not bad at all in the wet tho!

PCIronmike

I can't fault the Pirelli P-zero nero's My car has done 38k now and the rears are still new looking and the fronts are about 5mm so I've swapped fronts to rears and rebalanced them all just for good measure , I was told not to expect any more than 40.000 out of a set on my Ibiza 1.9 TDi sport 130 because of the torque but they are going to exceed that , and I drive quite quickly . They are a good all purpose tyre , good in the wet & dry and I did't have any bother in the snow either plus its a known fact in the trade that Pirelli's are one of the quietest tyres on the market . As I said "I can't fault them " . Camskill are cheap but I can get them for £57.19 trade which is cool .

Last edited by a moderator:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
getting 40k miles out of a set of tyres can only mean you're running them pretty well inflated and you can't be putting them under too much stress i.e. pushing through bends, taking off at the lights...i'm guessing you possibly do mostly motorway mileage?

my pirelli's lasted just over 15k and that was with a swap, and they possibly could have gone on for a few more...but wasn't too impressed as they are pretty noisy with low profile, fine if you have a chunky tyre

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
my p zeros needed changing after 8k and thats after a front/rear swap, my eagle F1's lasted twice that and they're supposedly a fairly soft tyre!

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
Kumho KU31's get my vote. Probably not up there with real performance tyres, but they are a great all rounder.
Got 25k miles out of the last set on the front - only about £105 delivered for a pair from Camskill.

DervPower - Will: I recognise that pic of your car in the snow. Are you the same Will from the STW madhouse? Stumpy01 here......

diesel_dust

I'm running Nero Zero's [205/45/16] on my TDi 130, excellent all rounder I would say. Done about 3000 miles on them so far. Bought them on bestbuytyres.co.uk for £75 a corner...didn't think this was too bad. Been hearing lots of good things about Uniroyal Rainsport 2's but struggled to find the for less £100 so left it...

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Kumho KU31's get my vote. Probably not up there with real performance tyres, but they are a great all rounder.
Got 25k miles out of the last set on the front - only about £105 delivered for a pair from Camskill.

DervPower - Will: I recognise that pic of your car in the snow. Are you the same Will from the STW madhouse? Stumpy01 here......

:happy: Thats me! Nice to hear from you!

SCN is very different isn't it :rolleyes:

My P-Zeros have lasted 5,500 and now need replacing... More the cars fault mind.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.