What other reasons for the TC light coming on???

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
Have had this problem for a while now...
Car was feeling sluggish so logged maf airflow and was down to 90ish.... So put it down to the maf and got a refurb 1 from seat.....
Things haven't changed much, still feels sluggish (althought strangely feels a bit better since its warmed up slightly over the last few days) and the TC light still comes on nearly straight away while driving....
Did log of maf again expecting it to be a duff maf and it maxed out at 150g/s which I thought was probably about right (standard apart from revo)...
Now I'm stuck as to what the prob is....
Still have a prob where I can only use vag-com once then I have to reset ecu before it'll work again. So its getting quite annoying searching for problems......

What problems will bring up the TC light??? and possibly performance related because it still feels like its missing something.......
Basicly whats worth checking next??

Cheers chaps......

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
no abs light.. just the TC light...

Borrowing a known good maf would be ideal.. just gota find someone in lincoln area that will let me steal there maf for a while......

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
ive only seen that light on mine when the maf went.. All other problems seem to throw up the engine management light!

Am sure we have a few members from lincolnshire here ?? :whistle:

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
hmmmmmm... bloody mafs..
I shall try and find someone in lincoln to borrow maf from then I guess...
Which cars is this maf specific to????
Will a leon cupra, golf gti or octavia vrs be the same maf... I don't know anyone with a bitza but should easily find any of the above..

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
I would doubt its the plugs.... I change them at every second service so Every 10k......
Anyone got any ideas then if a LC or octavia vrs maf is the same as the bitza cupra 1??????
know friend of a friend (if you know what I mean) with both of these cars... might just have to ask them very nicely if I can borrow there maf for a short while.......

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Golf Turbo does not to sure about the others. Leon cupra proberly would do i expect But not the R i dont think.

David.

turbo017

Dec 18, 2006
SLOUGH
try looking at the maf arrow making sure it is pointing towards the turbo for the way of the air flow got a maf here from my pizza mk3 ends in 061d

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise