what do you suggest for windows vista?

Triple D

Good evening, i have windows Vista and unfortunately im having problems running with vag com 311.2 :( what softwear is compatable with the new windows vista and what would you reccomend me getting?What are the pros and cons of the new version over the old one etc etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Daniel

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
From the RossTech website
1.14 Will VAG-COM work on Windows Vista?

We have been testing on Vista since December of 2006. Version 7xx of VAG-COM fully supports Vista (both Vista-32 and Vista-64) with a Vista-aware installer and appropriately signed USB drivers. Release 704 can be downloaded here.

We will not support any older versions of VAG-COM on Windows Vista. If you get a new PC with Vista already on it, or you upgrade an existing PC to Windows Vista, you should plan to use version 7xx.

All interfaces Ross-Tech has sold in since February of 2004 are compatible with Version 7xx, as are many sold before then. If you have an older Ross-Tech interface which isn't compatible, or you're a registered user with a 3rd-party interface, upgrades are available

Triple D

Are ok people, i only have a 2000 seat arosa at the minute, but i will be buying the Gf mk4 cupra 20vt in a years time, and will then be getting IHI for it aswell.So hopefully it wont be much help on the current car, but when i get hers it will be. I also have a few friends that are running with stage 2 setup 20vt engines etc so could maybe see if they want to add some money in to purchase it with me???????

Anyone know what the new versions better features are over 311.2?

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Anyone know what the new versions better features are over 311.2?

1. Support for all models through 2007 MY.
2. Review the Revison page at RT website
3. Lots of new features added such as: advanced measuring blocks, long coding helper, quarter mile performance timing measurement, service interval reset, scripted readiness functions, and more ......

Triple D

Excellent. That sounds good in no.3:D Where can i purchase this from in the usa to get it shipped over to the uk????

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
If you click on the units word in my first posting, it would take you to the order page at Ross-Tech. Since we are the manufacture of the cables and the authors of the software, and since you don't want to buy from our UK distribs, Ross-Tech would make the most sense. Yes?

Triple D

Yep id imagine so, it was just that the way the dollar to the pound is at the minute, it would be cheaper to buy from the usa that was all .

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.