What derv car to get with £3k???

E30 sam

Right i have been looking at seat Ibiza dervs but i don't know which one to go for as i only have £3000. I would prefer a 130 6speed as i have a mk4 golf gti 1.8T.

MadFaz

New(ish)bee
Sep 28, 2008
Bradford
keep searching ebay mate, I've seen some right dirt cheap ones!

a friend of mine picked one up for £1800 with 102k on the clock FSH and everythings fine on it. Its the 130 same as mine :blink:

chispadete

you wont get a fr on that price. i been looking and sport is only one same engine just older.

E30 sam

What the differance between a Sport and a FR other than year?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i'm guessing the FR has stiffer suspension setup and added torque, along with matching FR interior/exterior bits compared to the plain looking sport

MadFaz

New(ish)bee
Sep 28, 2008
Bradford
as mentioned above, the TDI Sport is a bit plain unless you've modded it yourself, the torque is the same as its the same engine (unless its been remapped)

Stiffer suspension, the better looking alloys, FR lights etc

FR TDi is group 8 insurance, TDi Sport is group 7.... and the only FR TDi i've seen for around 3k was a Cat C :(

E30 sam

Well looks like i will get a sport then, i'm sure they are still nice cars.

Apr 27, 2008
just save up and keep looking for a FR if thats what you want, because if you do get a sport yes you'll be happy with it but eventually end up getting a FR.

E30 sam

No i will just get a sport as i am going back to uni i can't afford to save up, of course i will mod the sport ie cupra kit, coilovers, nice wheels and a remap.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise