• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 21/22 Weird issues after update and recall on Formentor Hybrid

Mar 8, 2024
I had my Formentor Hybrid in for a service, they told me the car had a software update available and 2 recalls that needed software loading to the car.

It's going back Monday to be checked over but wondered if anyone else has had these issues after a recall and software update.

I've lost all EV & Hybrid controls, Adaptive suspension control, all driving modes, comfort, sport, cupra. Auto lights don't work, sat nav doesn't work. I don't have the full 245bhp power, there is no boost from the EV motor it's either all electric or all petrol.engine.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Sounds like there was an issue with the software update - either with the software itself or whatever the dealer did - or didn’t do - when downloading it to your car. I wonder if Cupra dealers actually test that dealer-installed software changes are working as intended after they’ve been installed, or whether this is actually a stage of the software installation process? I’m sure your dealer would say testing was done even if it wasn’t 🤔, although with the issues you’re experiencing, I‘d say it would appear nothing was tested after installation.

I no longer own a VAG car, but my car had to go back to the dealer this week for a software update to fix erratically flashing indicators. My car was one of a small batch with this problem and was the first car the dealer had applied the software update to. They had the car for just over a day and told me part of the reason for this was to allow sufficient time to test that the fix had actually worked as it should. I‘m pleased to say it had.

I had my Formentor Hybrid in for a service, they told me the car had a software update available and 2 recalls that needed software loading to the car.

It's going back Monday to be checked over but wondered if anyone else has had these issues after a recall and software update.

I've lost all EV & Hybrid controls, Adaptive suspension control, all driving modes, comfort, sport, cupra. Auto lights don't work, sat nav doesn't work. I don't have the full 245bhp power, there is no boost from the EV motor it's either all electric or all petrol.engine.

When you say auto lights don't work, do you mean they don't come on when it's dark? Or the automatic high beam doesn't work?

Mar 8, 2024
When you say auto lights don't work, do you mean they don't come on when it's dark? Or the automatic high beam doesn't work?
The automatic high beam doesnt work, I can use them manually. But thats not a major Issue its just one of many things i no longer have since this update thats been applied. I dont have any control over the EV battery system, driving modes, adaptive suspension, sat nav or full power. Its back with Seat now just wondered if anyone else has experienced this

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)