Water pooling behind fuel door?

QTom

Sep 22, 2017
When I got my car I noticed it was unusually dirty behind the fuel door. I've just got round to cleaning it out and I noticed that water seems to be pooling inside the door:

water.png

There is a little inlay that looks like it might be a draining hole, but if it is it seems to be blocked.

The car is a 2017 Leon Cupra 300, but I assume this part is the same on all Leons?

Anyone able to confirm and if so how I can clean it out?

Thanks.

QTom

Sep 22, 2017
Nevermind I managed to sort it out. Just poked around the entrance with one of those small pointy tools from a screwdriver set and it seemed to clear itself. Drains nicely now :)

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Nevermind I managed to sort it out. Just poked around the entrance with one of those small pointy tools from a screwdriver set and it seemed to clear itself. Drains nicely now :)
You might of got away with it, but yes it is a drain hole as you say but poking things down it you could have split the rubber
tube, and if you have you might get fuel/water into the car, the best way to clear it find where the pipe shows under the car
and blow air up from the bottom (but make sure the fuel cap is on and nothing can get into the tank.
The reson I say about back blowing it is if there ia somthing blocking then it will mak it worse forcing it down.

Reactions: Mr Pig

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
I did this yesterday and noticed the pipe was hanging loose under the car as per the picture.
IMG_20200919_191051.jpg

I had to re connect it to the drain hole, wasn't sure where the pipe went after that so it hanged it in the rear wheel arch lining so it would drain out - should it connect somewhere??

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I did this yesterday and noticed the pipe was hanging loose under the car as per the picture. View attachment 18383
I had to re connect it to the drain hole, wasn't sure where the pipe went after that so it hanged it in the rear wheel arch lining so it would drain out - should it connect somewhere??
Yes that should do, as long as it connects to the drain bit at the top, and just feed it down so it drips on the floor(but not infront of the tyre) poss put a couple of cable ties just to hold it

Reactions: G_mac86

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Yes that should do, as long as it connects to the drain bit at the top, and just feed it down so it drips on the floor(but not infront of the tyre) poss put a couple of cable ties just to hold it
Thanks that what I have done.
Had a slight panic that I needed to connect it up to something at the bottom. All good, cheers

QTom

Sep 22, 2017
You might of got away with it, but yes it is a drain hole as you say but poking things down it you could have split the rubber
tube, and if you have you might get fuel/water into the car, the best way to clear it find where the pipe shows under the car
and blow air up from the bottom (but make sure the fuel cap is on and nothing can get into the tank.
The reson I say about back blowing it is if there ia somthing blocking then it will mak it worse forcing it down.

Yeah I was quite wary of sticking anything down it but fortunately I didn't have to, the blockage was purely at the entrance to the pipe. Googling around I saw some people saying they use guitar strings to flush it out but I thought that was a terrible idea as they can be quite sharp at the ends.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Just like the back of my fridge then :roflmao:

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Thanks that what I have done.
Had a slight panic that I needed to connect it up to something at the bottom. All good, cheers
It does connect at the bottom too! I had the same issue. Best clip it in, don’t want water running on the inside of any body panels....

Attachments

• B7F35981-6A90-412B-B805-201EF1EDFE96.jpeg
    B7F35981-6A90-412B-B805-201EF1EDFE96.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 182
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members