Voice Assistant - Anyway to change to Google Assistant?

thecalstanley

Sep 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked already. Is there a way to change the voice assistant from the Seat built in one to the one on my phone (Google Assistant)?

Cheers

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Hi, if you're running Android Auto it should load Google voice when you hold down the steering wheel voice control button (a short press will still load the Seat one).

2018 SEAT Ibiza 1.0 TGI FR EcoPlus

Reactions: Bruno Maia

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I use google assistant all the time. If you have full link, you just have to press the voice assistant for a few seconds, and it will go to google assistant instead of seat crapy one

thecalstanley

Sep 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Don't have full link or Android auto unfortunately (Car's 14 plate). Tried holding down the voice command button but still brings the Seat one rather than the one on my phone.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
The android search will only work if you have full link enabled, your phone plugged in and Android Auto running.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not sure if google assist works anything like Siri? Does google have a 'Hey Google' option?

This is what I did on my previous car with MIB1 and do on my current car not using Apple Car Play (I rarely use it if I'm honest and don't want text's/whatsapp messages when driving ever).

Turned on Hey Siri on the phone and connected as normal just via bluetooth. Then when I say 'Hey Siri', the audio mutes and Siri works as normal letting me do what ever I would normally do.

On my MIB1 I'd get a call shown on the display as 'unknown caller'. Can't recall what the new car does.

So if you can setup a 'Hey Google', no need for a button.

Sorry if this doesn't help.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.