Videos on infotainment system!!

Jul 8, 2024
Hi All,

Recently picked up a 22 plate Cupra Leon with the new infotainment touchscreen system.
Trying to watch videos but having a complete nightmare!! I can find a video on my phone but it only plays the sound??
Is it possible that the infotainment system cannot play video??
I have downloaded AAAD and Fermata etc but it still only plays the sound. There is no option to choose 'player' in the setting's either?
I have downloaded some mirror screen apps but these do not show in the android auto menu.
Its a right nightmare!!

Cheers

Keith.

JT437

Jul 8, 2024
Hi, I think I know what’s going on. This baffled me too. I put a load of .mp4 videos on a USB stick (which I know play fine on every other device) and tried to browse them on the Leon infotainment, but as you say, it just played back the audio.

Then I noticed a sort of “window” that you can slide across from the right side of the screen. Sliding this across, lets you view the video. But only when the vehicle is stopped (this is in the UK, btw). It wasn’t full screen, sadly, but at least I was able to watch the video content. HTH.

Reactions: KeeF
Jul 8, 2024
Hi, I think I know what’s going on. This baffled me too. I put a load of .mp4 videos on a USB stick (which I know play fine on every other device) and tried to browse them on the Leon infotainment, but as you say, it just played back the audio.

Then I noticed a sort of “window” that you can slide across from the right side of the screen. Sliding this across, lets you view the video. But only when the vehicle is stopped (this is in the UK, btw). It wasn’t full screen, sadly, but at least I was able to watch the video content. HTH.
Thanks for the reply. I will try some movies on usb and see if work.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

Yes, you’ll only be able to view videos while the car is stationary as video in motion is illegal in the UK.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.