Very impressed

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Many won't car, some will say so what, but on Tuesday I drove from Manchester to Norwich and back and have to say I have never been happier with my car! Firstly i filled up and drove 200 miles before the needle even moved from full, and on the whole journey, around 8 hours of being on the road with a little matter of FA Cup Replay in between, the car averaged 52mpg, motorway speeds of around 80 and A roads at 60. This was with myself and 3 adults in!

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I've got to agree, Andy, they are very impressive little cars. Mine does everything I require of it and I still get a little pang of excitement when I see it parked up. I can't wait to drive it.

I was especially impressed in the summer when I took it on holiday to Scotland. Two of us and a full load of self-catering stuff onboard and it still showed 58 mpg overall on the computer, however accurate that is. On arrival we still felt fresh enough to go for a walk in the evening.

It's definitely the best car I've ever had.:)

meknoy

How many miles has your cars done? my DAB is now on 5K miles. And I struggle to get over 300 miles per tank. Best I can get is around 280. Very dissapointing.
Maybe its the way I drive it?! haha.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
My MPG never gets over 50 when 4 up but I do tend to end up as a taxi for 3 largish blokes and I'm not exactly light. A-B roads with just me can be from 74mpg to 36mpg depending on how much fun I'm having.

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
How many miles has your cars done? my DAB is now on 5K miles. And I struggle to get over 300 miles per tank. Best I can get is around 280. Very dissapointing.
Maybe its the way I drive it?! haha.

They've all got diesels mate!

In my 1.2 petrol I've got just under 400 mainly motorway @80

Generally get 320 or so

I want a TDI!

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
My TDi normally averages about 45 mpg overall but I do a lot of short journeys and stop/start driving which is bad news in a diesel with the slow warm up.

On a long motorway journey, however, it will get into the high 50s and it's nice to be able to do a 400 mile journey without having to refill on the way and still have plenty of fuel left when I arrive.

I leave my climate control on all the time too which probably isn't good for my fuel consumption but it helps with condensation in the winter so I don't bother switching it off. :)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Funny, I never found the Climatronic to make much difference to the economy in my Ibiza, only reason I didn't use it all the time was because the dried air made by eyes sore.

Seems to affect the Passat's economy slightly more though.

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
I get between 53 & 58 mpg out of mine, depending on how much traffic I sit in and how aggressively I drive. It doesn't take much to really bring the mpg down. On average it's pretty much 55mpg.

I agree that it is nice to be able to go on relatively long journies and not worry about filling up. I can drive 170 miles to Bristol, then pop over to Wales to take the bike round CwmCarn and then drive back still with plenty in the tank when I get home.

There are people at work always ready to take the pi55 about me driving a tractor; then they hear how far I can go between fill-ups and that generally shuts them up. That and the suprised exclamation the first time they go in it.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
lol...that is true....had a drag against a 172 cup the other day, and was a nose infront on 3 runs...i was well impressed, especially seeing as i was torn between the clio sport and the ibiza!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise