VAG Interior Fitment

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
Has anyone ever tried to fit a different interior to there ibiza? I'm very bored off the cupra trim and I quite fancy Audi TT/S3 seats or even a mk4 golf interior, I think I could make the front's fit by changing subframes etc, but the rear bench is probably gonna be my problem, anyone got any ideas ? Maybe they will just fit straight inn no problems, but it's gonna cost me alot off money to find out, any help would be great, Thanks

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
i looked into the tt interior as my mate removed his rears and we were going to try and get them fitted first when it comes out of the bodyshop thne buy some fronts afterwards. but i've scrapped that idea now as i'm selling her as soon as she comes out of the bodyshop.

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
No way!! You had some big plans too, Please could you send me piccie's off the work you had done at P F Auto's, I think I'll be taking mine there this year after I sell the D 90's, Good luck with the sale and your new project whatever it may be

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
Thanks for the link, I just read every page and there is some nice interior's !! But unfortunatlly it still didn't tell me if any rear bench would fit, Retrim is a option but I would prefer it all genuine, then I could sell my interior on, I really like the idea off a s3 interior, Craig's interior is lovely !!

Last edited:

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
No way!! You had some big plans too, Please could you send me piccie's off the work you had done at P F Auto's, I think I'll be taking mine there this year after I sell the D 90's, Good luck with the sale and your new project whatever it may be

didn't go ahead with the mods, he wants around £300 -£350 a bumper to smooth, -linea nd bump strips .
I just had the strips colour coded and the whole car resprayed as part of the deal i had with him originally.
as for next project no going to be one i;m afraid, i've spend stupid amounts of cash on cars over the last 6 yeasr well over enough to buy a really noce expensive motor, so i'm selling the car at the same time as my house. (which is on the market now) and with the cash i've saved i'm after a 51 ish plate m3 convertible, some thing i've wanted for ages and now i can afford it ill get it and leave it as it is no modding.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
...quite fancy Audi TT/S3 seats or even a mk4 golf interior, I think I could make the front's fit by changing subframes etc

Was it a lot of hassle sorting out the sub frames?

Asked twice, with no answer as far as I can see ...

You can't really change the subframe on any original seats from the MkIV/TT/Leon platform (and do it safely) cos of the tripod arrangement that forms part of the seat base.

The 'subframe' on standard seats doesn't unbolt ... it would have to be cut off - even the Recaro seats are welded together

You can get subframes it fit other Recaro seats (like Evo seats) ;) but you can't adapt the factory option ones easily

I would imagine the likes of Recaro do a similar subframe to fit the Ibiza Mk3 though - would just need to find some seats you like the look of

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members