USB port

Rob100

Hi All

My facelift Leon has a usb port that so far i have used to plud a 2gb memory stick in. But i never get round to changing what i have stored on it...

I believe the facelift Altea has the same stereo and was wandering if anyone has tried plugging a portable external hard drive, the sort powered by the usb, into the usb port? 500gb of storage would make a nice back up for my cd collection and would give me a bit more variety in the car

Not sure if the car would power a hard drive so would be interested to see if anyone else has tried before I pop over to PC world

dubstar_71

Hi All

My facelift Leon has a usb port that so far i have used to plud a 2gb memory stick in. But i never get round to changing what i have stored on it...

I believe the facelift Altea has the same stereo and was wandering if anyone has tried plugging a portable external hard drive, the sort powered by the usb, into the usb port? 500gb of storage would make a nice back up for my cd collection and would give me a bit more variety in the car

Not sure if the car would power a hard drive so would be interested to see if anyone else has tried before I pop over to PC world

most small usb hard drives (ie: 2.5" drives) require two usb ports, one for power, one for data. hence wouldn't work. unless you power one usb off cig. socket via adapter/transformer. a 1.8" HD would work as its low power demands would work off a single usb socket. you can use a 1.8" hd out of an old ipod and get the relevant external hde case off ebay.

or you could just buy a 4gb 8gb 16gb 32gb or 64gb flash memory stick off somewhere like www.novatech.co.uk

:)

Rob100

Thanks dubstar...I'm thinking of keeping it simple and just getting a bigger memory stick!

Rob

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.