• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Urgent Help with Power Stearing!!

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Hi guys I know this should be in the Wanted Section and I do apologise but I am in desperate need for help :help::help::help:

Right between the Power Steering Pump and the Power Steering Pipe there is a small 'L' shaped bracket that connects the two...now mine has been bent for some time and has leaked out a small amount every now and again nothing major anytime the fluid got low I just topped it back up again BUT this week it is leaking very badly and I have to drive 45 mile every morning to get to university and when I leave the fluid is full and when I get there it's empty so you can all see how bad it is leaking now you know?

Well months ago when I first realised it was leaking a small bit I tried to track down the 'L' shaped pipe because I thought ah it will only be a few pounds but to my horror I found everywhere I found them sold them only with the Power Steering pump which costs more than 200pounds :cry::cry::cry:

So I am not paying that much to replace it so guys I'm in desperate need now has anyone got a busted power steering pump lying around or even have this bracket that they could sell me and I'd be so greatful!!

I don't know if this bracket changes with model of Leon but mine is the standard TDI Leon...

All help will be so appreciated!! Thanks

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Is the leak coming from the pipe that comes down from the reservoir, or the pipe that runs horizontally and round to the rack?

Yea it is the one that run's from the reservior down to the power steering pump...the bracket at the bottom that connects the power steering pipe to the pump!! It was bent but I managed to bend it back round almost perfect but sadly it was the best I could do uno? But it is just on the bracket that the leak is and it has got so bad now I can't even drive the car!!

Tried scrappies and dealers...all will only sell me the bracket along with the Power Steering pump at a huge price even though my pump is perfect!!

Don't know what to do and I don't want to have to pay a fortune to sort it out!!

Anyone out there have a busted power steering pump that could spare me the bracket??

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Yea it is the one that run's from the reservior down to the power steering pump...the bracket at the bottom that connects the power steering pipe to the pump!! It was bent but I managed to bend it back round almost perfect but sadly it was the best I could do uno? But it is just on the bracket that the leak is and it has got so bad now I can't even drive the car!!

Tried scrappies and dealers...all will only sell me the bracket along with the Power Steering pump at a huge price even though my pump is perfect!!

Don't know what to do and I don't want to have to pay a fortune to sort it out!!

Anyone out there have a busted power steering pump that could spare me the bracket??

Could you get your pump off and get it welded up (or is the casing alloy) ?

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Cheers for your interest and help guys...came home from university today and decided to spend the evening having a go at sorting out the car.

So I jacked it up and got a support put in and then had a good look underneath...took off the bracket that was bent and drained out the last of the fluid that was still in the system. On further inspection I realised that the bracket was still fine and should still be holding fine...so I had another wee look round the pipes and I noticed that there is a bolt that sits above the pipes that was loose, I then screwed it round a tiny bit more and out came a load more fluid...so feeling rather chuffed with myself I went about tightening the bolt again and I thought while I had the bracket off I thought I would u'se this stuff I bought to help seal the bracket also. Let it sit and dry for a while then filled the car back up with some power steering fluid...took the Leon out for a spin and so far no more spilage so lets hope that's the end of that lol!!

Thanks guys for you help once again all interest very much appreciated!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise