Upgrade infotainment system

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have been reading along on the forum for a couple of weeks, but now that I finally got my own Leon Mk4, I thought it would be allright to ask for some guidance.

My Leon got the normal infotainment system (see picture 1). It does not have Full Link activated and my dealer tells me that it can only be activated from factory. Then he tells me that I should buy a completely new infotainment system (see picture 2), with Full Link activated and install in the car instead.

My question to you wise men, is that possible? If im lucky enough to find the new infotainment on Ebay, is it then as simple as switching out the two and then I got a better infotainment? If serious coding is needed for the operation - wouldnt that be locked with SFD?

My car also have the normal instument display. Can I buy the virtual cockpit if found on Ebay and switch out the two? Could it be that easy?

Im hope that you can help me out - as I really hope to upgrade the Leon a little if possible. Have a great evening.

- Sebastian

Attachments

• Unavngivet1.png
    Unavngivet1.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 555
  • Unavngivet.png
    Unavngivet.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021
Hi,

Be careful, I have system like the lower one, and full link isn't activated and cannot be activated.

Carlos

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
London
Retrofit won't be possible either, all important unit to do coding are SFD locked! You just have to wait if someone crack this open through the time.

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
Thanks for the answers Carlos and KoNG. I hope there will come a day, where Android auto will become available to my car. Its a little sad, that in 2021, I still have to use my smartphone or an external GPS in my car.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
London
Well if you don't pay extra you won't have it unfortunately nowadays is standard practice

Sep 15, 2021
The lower infotainment is capable of Full Link (for me it's working perfectly). But you need to use the cable to your phone, wireless Android Auto/CarPlay is only available with the higher infotainment.

Jan 31, 2022
Hello all, when you guys say "the lower one", do you mean the one with the 2 knobs and the 6 physical buttons or the other one? Because I am buying tomorrow a Seat Ibiza and the infotainment installed is the one with the 2 knobs and the 6 physical buttons. Full link is not activated but I was hoping to do it at the dealership afterwards or find some other way.

Attachments

• IMG_20220131_131149.jpg
    IMG_20220131_131149.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20220131_131337.jpg
    IMG_20220131_131337.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 235
Jan 31, 2022
Following up on this, I tried to have the Full Link activated at the dealership but they couldn't. They contacted Seat and found out it wasn't possible with that unit.

Is a retrofit possible? Can I exchange the unit? Even at the dealership?

I would really want to have a full link experience in my car 😥

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
London
Dealership won't be helpful in your case you looking for somebody who can sell you unlocked new unit that will support Full link

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.