Tyre Manufacturer

DarkSeat

Apr 23, 2006
Birmingham
:confused: Hi Guys,

I need to a set of new tyres for my Standard Leon S with 15" wheels, tyre size 195-65-15. What Would you recommend in terms of tyre manufacturer out of Dunlop, which I have on my car now), Pirelli, Bridgestone, and Continental?? I am looking for performance, with noise reduction and comfort.

I am thinking to user this web site www.event-tyres.co.uk

Thanks

Dark Seat. :-o

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
Hi DS,

Do a search, this question has been asked many many times before.

Short answer - Goodyear Eagle F1s are pretty much the ultimate in high grip low noise. However they are very stiff (and hence uncomfortable) and wear very quickly.

I think what you are after is a 'touring' tyre - a good all rounder, not an extreme sports tyre.

Good touring tyres are Dunlop SP9000 or Sport01, Goodyear Hydragrip or Excellence, Continental PremiumContact, Michelin Pilot Primacy.

You won't like Pirelli P6000s (no grip) or Michelin Energy (very noisy)

Simon.

DarkSeat

Apr 23, 2006
Birmingham
Hi DS,

Do a search, this question has been asked many many times before.

Short answer - Goodyear Eagle F1s are pretty much the ultimate in high grip low noise. However they are very stiff (and hence uncomfortable) and wear very quickly.

I think what you are after is a 'touring' tyre - a good all rounder, not an extreme sports tyre.

Good touring tyres are Dunlop SP9000 or Sport01, Goodyear Hydragrip or Excellence, Continental PremiumContact, Michelin Pilot Primacy.

You won't like Pirelli P6000s (no grip) or Michelin Energy (very noisy)

Simon.

ive decided to go with the dunlop sport 01 is that a good choice?

DS

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
I had them on my old golf - very quiet, long lasting, pretty good grip.

Should suit your 'S' very well.

Simon.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.