Turbo oil leak

Landy

Apr 19, 2016
Hi guys

I picked up my Leon 2.0 tfsi the very end of last year after writing off my Ibiza (oops).

Anyway had no issues whatsoever when I picked it up except previous MOT said it had an oil leak but didn't disclose what/where but the dealer assured me the oil leak had been taken care of.

Anyway the last two months or so I've noticed an oil leak and to fast forward to this week I had the car down to my mechanic to see what the problem is and theyve diagnosed that the turbo is passing a fair bit of oil and mentioned something to do with the boost solenoid and said I'm going to need a new turbo.

Im just wondering if any of you more Seat knowledgable people could shed any light on this issue! It's a relatively young car with low mileage (42k at time of purchase, 48 now) so I can't see any reason why it would be doing this and if I stand any chance of throwing it back at the dealer if it does need a new turbo.

Also yes I let the oil warm up before boost and no I never rag her on a cold engine!

Sorry for the hefty post, all answers much appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: and in the event of having to buy a new turbo, anyone have any experience of fitting a k04 to an fr and what needs to be done? Haha

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.