• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Tuning options in the future

Alex-c

Jan 7, 2022
Afternoon everyone, VZ2 on order expected around March time, obviously this could be much longer. With the ecu being locked currently is there any information on who is working on breaking it for future tuning software? I’m aware of the tuning boxes and have used them in the past. Just curious to see if anyone knows where we are at with the ecu, thanks.

Reactions: jcbmally

Dazmcg

Oct 28, 2021
Afternoon everyone, VZ2 on order expected around March time, obviously this could be much longer. With the ecu being locked currently is there any information on who is working on breaking it for future tuning software? I’m aware of the tuning boxes and have used them in the past. Just curious to see if anyone knows where we are at with the ecu, thanks.
There is a legit tune you can get that basically came from the same company that did the Areca tune and it keeps the warranty valid as well, I will find it again on carwow and get back to you.

Reactions: jcbmally

Dazmcg

Oct 28, 2021
There is a legit tune you can get that basically came from the same company that did the Areca tune and it keeps the warranty valid as well, I will find it again on carwow and get back to you.
ABT are the company but I walk back my warranty claim as it’s not available in the UK yet.

Alex-c

Jan 7, 2022
Yes I had seen ABT offer the tune but not for UK, it seems we have a wait, I’m assuming once it’s unlocked on the mk8 golf r we should be ok from there?

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
ABT is not a tune - it is a tuning box, just like any other tuning box.
Only difference is that it is more tested, more expensive, less aggressive settings and it doesn't affect warranty - or better put, you have a ABT extended warranty, but APR was having something similar at some point, although it did double the cost of the tune.

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Apologies for reviving a dead thread but have you found any companies that cracked the ECU? To answer your question I talked to REVO and they say they are a few months away from cracking and remapping the ECU. I have a 1.5 TSI but I would assume the locking is the same across most of their engines.

Worth asking them when they might have it ready.

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
Tuning is possible here in germany. my formentor has 444 HP done by HGP-Turbo.
See my sig.... but its not a cheap thing.
Available for over a year. That is, almost since the beginning of delivery.
HGP are so far the only ones who can describe the control unit themselves.

Angus Young

May 23, 2022
What does that do to you 0-100kph times? Have you timed it? From 306 to 444 must make quite a difference.

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
Without Lauchcontroll with 2 people and almost full tank it was 4.2.
Where he felt a 1/2 second (at least) needed until the turbo had the pressure and he went forward.

With the LC where he already has pressure, that should be under 4.

But I have never started an LC. Not even before with 310 hp.
That goes to me too much to the material, and for what?
I have won every start so far. Times are just paper for me, I just have to fell it and then it fits for me...
And you can feel it clearly, and see how quickly the others in the rearview mirror become smaller ;-)

Angus Young

May 23, 2022
Without Lauchcontroll with 2 people and almost full tank it was 4.2.
Where he felt a 1/2 second (at least) needed until the turbo had the pressure and he went forward.

With the LC where he already has pressure, that should be under 4.

But I have never started an LC. Not even before with 310 hp.
That goes to me too much to the material, and for what?
I have won every start so far. Times are just paper for me, I just have to fell it and then it fits for me...
And you can feel it clearly, and see how quickly the others in the rearview mirror become smaller ;-)
Agreed, 0-100 times don't count for much in the real world. It's how it feels in the day-to-day give and take that counts. How has it changed the character of how the car drives, and is there anything about it that you don't like?

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
No, everything is great now.
He has also adjusted the transmission and he is now no longer so "sluggish" on the road.
He now reacts spontaneously to the gas pedal, as it should be.

Also, he has adjusted that I now see in every setting the inserted gear in the display.
Previously, this was only the case in Sport/Cupra.

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Thanks for the response. What year ecu is this? Ecu's from July/June 2021 and later haven't had the bootloader cracked yet. Did they swap in an older ECU into your car?

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
My car is year 10/2020.
but he has done newer Golf 8 R as well.
If you are interested, just write him a letter or look at the website.

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
My car is year 10/2020.
but he has done newer Golf 8 R as well.
If you are interested, just write him a letter or look at the website.
Thanks. Unfortunately I'm not situated in Germany :(. I think the only option is to swap in a pre 2021 ecu

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Future tuning options in technology, especially in fields like machine learning, 3D printing, and personal devices, will likely focus on customization, efficiency, and sustainability. As industries evolve, the ability to finely adjust parameters to meet specific user needs will become increasingly important. For instance, in machine learning, tuning options might allow more precise control over model performance, enabling better predictions with fewer resources. In 3D printing, advanced tuning could optimize material usage and print quality while minimizing waste.

😵💫 And your post has what relevance in relation to future tuning options of a Cupra Formentor VZ2? 🤔

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.