TPMS error

testtester

Dec 9, 2017
Hi,

I get TPMS error when I start the car and I'm not sure what part is damaged, I had an accident and lost the ambient temperature sensor not sure if it's related to TPMS.

Thanks

salsajoe

Apr 12, 2017
Yorkshire
TPMS is the tyre pressure monitoring system. It works through the braking system by monitoring/comparing the wheel rotations and flagging up an error if a tyre pressure (wheel rotation) is different. Start by checking all tyre pressures and then resetting the TPMS in the car setting menu. If that does not cure the problem then you need to get a fault scan done.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
TPMS is the tyre pressure monitoring system. It works through the braking system by monitoring/comparing the wheel rotations and flagging up an error if a tyre pressure (wheel rotation) is different. Start by checking all tyre pressures and then resetting the TPMS in the car setting menu. If that does not cure the problem then you need to get a fault scan done.
^what he said. Plus if you've lost the exterior temp probe it'll screw your climate control up.

testtester

Dec 9, 2017

Thanks, I understand that, it uses ABS/ESP wheel rotation detector but if that sensor is damaged there should be an error in those systems as well, the area that was hit is above the left fog light not sure what's under there, the lower grill was slightly cracked which sliced the temperature sensor tube. I just want to have an idea so when I take it to the garage I won't get scammed.

testtester

Dec 9, 2017
Would an ODB2 reader identify the faults for you without paying dealer rates to do the same?

Thanks for reminding me I totally forgot I had a bluetooth OBD2 reader, the code I get is P0072 (I can't post urls yet) that's related to the cut temp sensor, I get no code about TPMS so I assume temps are related to TPMS somehow.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.