TomTom Go Mount

xJib

Just finished fitting a new TomTom mount to the Leon.

Now it's closer so you don't have to reach so far to program it, also it's a lot lower so now doesn’t obscure any of the screen.

I use a Bordit ProClip (653714), and a Bordit TomTom mount (215038)

Unfortunately I haven’t yet managed to hard wire in the charger yet, so it’s still has to be plugged into the fag lighter if I want to charge it.

Here’s some pics.

tomtom-mount1.jpg

tomtom-mount2.jpg

tomtom-mount3.jpg

tomtom-mount4.jpg

tomtom-mount5.jpg

tomtom-mount6.jpg

xJib

Yep, I was planning on using the active base that comes with it and the Alternative Mount Plate, but when I test fitted it, it stuck out about another 2/3cm and was getting to close to the steering wheel.

I’m planning on hardwiring the charger in, then feeding the cable behind the mount out of sight. The all you need to do is plug it in before attaching it to the mount.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
You could remove the round base part from your Brodit clip, Dremel the two tabs off the original base, remove the non-slip pad and replace it with VHB tape* and stick it onto the Brodit bracket. This would mean the TTG doesn't stick out any further than it does at present, just a little higher. You can also leave the power cable plugged into the base permanently and just unclip the unit to remove it. And, this way, you don't lose the handsfree mic in the base. :)

* Sounds a bit dodgy, I know, but I've had the base for mine stuck to my dashboard like this since November and it's rock solid. 3M VHB tape is good stuff.

hengel

Beats me why someone still doesn't make a good car kit for these things. This solution is verry practical but it looks like ....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members