TomTom - centre vent mount

briantilley

I've searched through all the threads I can find regarding satnav, but I might have missed it. Anyway...

Has anyone used a satnav mount such as the one that ARKON make, that clips into one of the air vents? If so, how secure is the fitting, and is it easy to remove? I'm looking to get one to fit a TomTom 730 to one of the centre vents (the one nearer the driver) in my Leon FR.

Thanks!

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
I take it you are looking for a mount that can be easily removed?

If so I can't really help you with mounts. I have always had good results with the Brodit mounts from http://www.dsldevelopments.com although they are more of a permanent fit.

I have a circular disc stuck to the top of the dash near the windscreen pillar. I stick the TomTom mount to this and have a power cable wired in behind the dash for it.

briantilley

Thanks, Craig. I'd noticed your posts in some of the other threads.

I used the basic suction mount on the windscreen of my previous car, but on the Leon I can't find a good place for it on the glass, that doesn't obstruct vision. I also tried holding the mount in various places on the dash (in anticipation of getting one of the stick-on pads) but I'm not really happy with that for the same reason. Ditto one of the "bean bag" style holders.

I like the look of the Brodit kits, but I don't really want a mount fitted permanently.

So I seem to be left with the vent option. If no-one has tried it, I may get one anyway, in which case I will report back.

isamion

I have used the Arkon Vent Mount for my Garmin Nuvi.
Works fine for me. Secure fit and easy to remove if careful.
It depends which of the horizontal slats you attach the clips to.
I think I used the third one up from the bottom.

The vent slats on the Leon are a bit fragile though.
I broke one removing a different vent mount for a phone.

briantilley

Thanks very much for the feedback.

I think I'm going to give it a go...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise