TIP fitment

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I bought a forge TIP over christmas and fitted it last week, everything was fine apart from where it joins to the MAF.
It was not quite the same shape as the OEM one, so the bottom of it sits perfectly on the MAF but the top only just fits over.
After many hours of swearing and man handling of parts the only way i got it to where it should be was get someone to force the TIP up and push the airbox down slightly.
But the has caused it so compress slightly and its trying to kink.
I know these pipes are stronger so they dont compress but its looks like i had just engineered a weak point into it and nullified its strengthening effect.
This i would guess also will slow and limit the air being sucked into the turbo
Has anybody else had difficulties like this??:confused:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
its difficult to explain but the top end of the pipe seems have the wrong angle.
if you look at it from the side you would expect a 90 degree straight cut but it is angled so the top of the MAF end is further back than the bottom

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
ah i understang, have a word with forge about it mate, you pay that price you should get a perfect fit, my forge tip was fine,

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
i actually got it from badger bill as i got other stuff but i would hope the forge boys will be helpful.
i will take some photos tomorrow and see if someone can post them up for me.
i fitted it out your way too nev, when i was staying with some relatives in shotley

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
i was holding you personally responsable:cartman:
or could just be that strange eastern air affecting me. not used to it

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
had exact same problem with mine, ended up cutting the end down ever so slightly to help it fit more snuggly. then when putting the bmc-cda on had to take a little more. its risky but if you take your time and dont mind modifying it slightly it should fit better.

hope that helps.

gmaster

Been thinking about getting a tip for a while, is there any gains to be had? Faster spool up time?

J0N

Defected!
My Forge TIP was a perfect fit but I did have to trim about half an inch off of my intercooler to intake manifold hose or I'd end up with a horrendous kink! Forge said, and I quote "occasionaly the hoses are missed in inspection and a long one gets through , sounds like you have got one , if you have trimmed it then all should be ok." And to be fair it has never caused me any problems but at the price they charge you would expect it to be the correct length. One slip up with the Stanley and the hose is ruined.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members