Thermostat location Leon 5f

Sep 9, 2024
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

I'm currently experiencing several issues regarding my coolant, engine noise and no heater working. Its going into the garage later this month to get it all sorted but for my own knowledge of what to expect in prices and experience for future reference and i guess to enhance the google search engine for others i have a question:

Where is the Thermostat(housing) located on the Seat Leon mk3 5F1 2.0 TDI (150hp) FR

Cuz i cant seem to find it anywhere that decently describes it. I've read a thing about it being near the alternator but boy, English is not my native language and even though i know the word alternator, i have no clue what to look for.

So if anyone has a decent picture regarding the location or a guide or what not to look for then i'd be grateful!

Cheers!

PS: regarding the other issues i have: i have already looked into other aspects such as the heater matrix and headgasket. Thermostat is the last on my list. (for now)

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
This video should help show you. It is hidden/buried a little bit. When my mechanic changed mine, he said he would not want to do another one!

This document may also help. It's basically hidden under the charge cooler, at the front, close to the alternator.

Attachments

• Engine layout.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 812
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.