TD's MD394 ko3's hybrid

GarryGti

TurboLag is ur head start
May 1, 2008
Skagdover, Hampshire
I currently have a MD349 spec K03S with a K04 compressor wheel, modified turbine wheel and uprated 360 kit.Running at 1.2bar boost as TD warrenty it.Its rated to 250bhp which is max but dose anyone know what i can turn that up to? And wht figures i'd achive?
I've spoken to td an they can put the bigger k04 turbine in for £400.00 so i just want to really find out if any one knows.Or will it go pop.

ian_cupra

not sure mate, thought the one you have should do more than 250?? seems low, not much more than k03s really

GarryGti

May 1, 2008
Skagdover, Hampshire
Yeah i know. Well i hav't done it the chap before did. seems pointless doing it really as the price difference is only 200 notes. 250bhp is enough but i'm just seeing if i can push it with a map tweek.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
The MD445 is the Stage 2 version of the K03S, rated at 280-300 BHP if you have a larger manifold

Probably worth speaking to Turbo Dynamics and see what they advise

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Taken from TD's K03S spec sheet:

MD349 High flow K04 2275 Spec Compressor wheel, C.N.C. re-profiled compressor housing,
360 degree thrust bearing, modified watercooled bearing housing, cut back turbine blades,
lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, modified turbine housing, up-rated twin
turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’ modifications. APPROX 240-250 BHP

Absolute Maximum recommended boost level – 18-20 P.S.I.

Please Note: This turbocharger will fail in the thrust assembly if the maximum boost level
recommendations are not strictly adhered to as this unit it not designed to operate
beyond these parameters.

MD445 K04 turbo with Hi flow K04 compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing , large
trim K04 turbine wheel, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, cnc modified
turbine housing, ported wastegate, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’
modifications. 12 psi Uprated actuator APPROX 280- 300 BHP

Absolute Maximum recommended boost level – 24-26 P.S.I.

Please Note: This application needs exact engine management settings, free flow exhaust system
and front mount intercooler to achieve these horsepower figures, however, the
exhaust manifold is the limiting factor in achieving any real worthwhile gains and
would need to be changed to get maximum benefit from the turbocharger.

Please note: - All specifications are for reference purposes only and are subject to change by Turbo
Dynamics Ltd. without prior notice. All boost pressure recommendations are subject to
engine condition and preparation. Modifications to the engine can affect the performance
and reliability of the turbocharger and the related performance figures. For further
information please talk to our technical staff who may refer you to one of our
recommended tuners.

GarryGti

May 1, 2008
Skagdover, Hampshire
Cheers Robbie C. i've already got that but yours has a bit more detail though thanks. I'm just wanting to see if people have pushed any more out of the turbo. But looks like its not really worth doing. i may have to just get a slipp diff

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise