TDI 90 bhp hydrid turbo

Joecov

Is it worth looking at one of these in the 90 bhp engine? what are gains from this ?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
I like the thought of one tuning his car by himself.

It is obviously worth doing since can get some good increases in power at a [somewhat] reasonable price. You'll need a bigger intercooler tho.
If you have a VNT version of the 90hp, then, if I were you I'd get a VNT-17 and use the compressor [air side] wheel with the VNT-15 turbine [exhaust side] wheel. VNT-15 is the turbo you got on from stock.
hybrid VNT-17/15 is better than a normal VNT-17 for me since it minimizes spool up while keeping the same air flow characteristics of the vnt-17.

Prices of a used VNT-17 are good, you can try on ebay [try to pay it less than £250 preferably] or locally. Since you gotta match it to a VNT-15 exhaust side you can also buy a broken unit since you'll quite surely get it revised and balanced anyway at the same time you get the 'hybridization',,,

if you have a wategated turbo 90hp engine then I don't know what turbos are bolt on for that,,,

You'll also need a remap and very probably better flowing injector nozzles to get the best out of the turbo,,, [and, as said a bigger IC]

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise