• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Sunroof rodent infection

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
So my newly acquired 1 year old VZN has a panoramic sunroof and on opening the blind it gets about half way and then a little mouse must be living in the roof lining because it seems its not happy about being disturbed by the blind opening and it starts to squeak quite loudly, considering the Formentor is paraded as a premium build vehicle I`m really not impressed by this as it looks like the roof lining has to come down to deal with it!

• Wow
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Hmm. I'd suggest a cat.. 🐈but perhaps it's just a squeak rather than said rodent. I've got a panoramic on my Ateca and did pick the dealership up on whether they needed the silicone treatment at 5 years although it wasn't squeaking, they assured me not. You'll read on boards saying grease them. The Erwin maintenence manual does indeed does say apply silicone greese.

Reference where the manuals are on the pinned Ateca side. Useful to check what the dealer does against what is recommended.

On the Ateca panoramic roof.... six pages on the process. Suggest if you are planning to do DIY buy yourself a couple of hours on air time on Erwin and download all the useful material. It's probably covered in there. Panoramic are a bit bigger. Some one on here might be a dab hand with the process.

I don't use mine too often but all quite but what I can say is the dealer doesn't lube it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cvpra

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Well it would appear the sunroof only squeaks when the sun has been on it but it sounds like its a motor drive squeaking so I can`t do a lot about it without dropping the roof lining.

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
I remember you once mentioned feature not available while closing etc. Maybe you need a dealer visit to sort out all of it.
Might be the control panel playing up with all lights thingy and feature not available. Plus this.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
What with the sunroof issues (squeak coming after it failed to close or deactivated) and the light issue sounds like something's awry in the roof area.

As you bought it previously 'loved', or rejected, or given up on - any idea of the history of the car before you got it?

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Well it was a Cupra UK owned Cupra approved car and at 7 months old and 5K miles I figured there shouldn`t be a lot wrong with it.
Admittedly the Cupra dealer the dealer from hell I bought it from did sour the purchase considerably so much so I had to get Cupra customer services involved!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.