Struggling to diagnose "misfire"

Jun 27, 2024
I have a 2010 2.0TDI Ibiza 6J SC.

I have owned it for two years with only wear and tear issues, however driving 30 miles to work and back the last few times I have experienced something which I can no longer just accept as coincidence. After changing gears, 3-5 times a trip, the car will heavily jerk as if I applied the brakes and then just continue on as normal.

All my initial thoughts went to clutch/dmf as this has currently only happened after shortly changing gears, however, the revs do not shoot up, and the gear shifting and pedal feel as smooth as ever, it happens a second or so after. I think it's still likely that this could be the cause, however with my limited knowledge of cars I'm far from sure.

I know for sure it's not an emissions device issue, and my car has been tuned since purchase, so it would be weird if this happened now. I'm now leaning towards injector failure/
"misfire" however I would've thought I'd be able to hear it, it'd be more frequent and not weirdly when accelerating from low revs after changing gears.

I'm not too well informed on cars and I have looked all over VW group 2.0TDI forums to no avail as no one is describing this exact problem. I plan to get my friend's VCDS on it soon, but I'm not getting EML, or any other lights either. Any suggestions or stories would be appreciated. Thanks!