Stereo mystery

Tom.Walden

Hi folks after many years of golfs iv got myself a 57 reg fr and I love it however I am having a problem. There is a iPod connector under the drivers seat that does **** all, no aux port on the centre by the hand brake and I don't own many CDs.

My question is is there a recommended in line aux I can fit in place of the cd cable on the back of the head unit?

I don't know if I have a single or double din head unit as I don't know the difference

I had one in my golf that tricked the unit into thinking it was the CD player and had a box in the glove box that connected to my iPhone

Is this my best option as iv done a bit of reading and am now confused please help guys

Its on eBay as item no 171003292921 sorry won't let me post URL yet

Cheers Tom

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
When you say the iPod cable does **** all... Is it charging the iPod at all? I take it you have pressed cd/aux button twice...

Does your stereo look like this...

$T2eC16R,!)QE9s3HE3nIBQWOHPhkL!~~48_79.JPG

If so it's a double din unit (if you still have the standard unit....)

Something like this maybe?

http://www.dension.com/product/iPod-iPhone-car-adapters/gateway-300

Tom.Walden

The iPod doesn't even charge and all that happens when I press the button twice is it beeps no cd at me. I went into the settings to check that the aux was on but there isn't a aux setting like on others it's a bit strange

That's what my one looks like so ill get the keys today and get it pulled out

But I don't understand why it would have a iPod connection and a cd/aux button if there is no aux function

Cheers for the quick reply bud