• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Steering Wheel lock / Security for Leon's

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey peeps

I've currently got a cheapish and now old steering wheel lock. I need a new one as I've just started to notice that the hoop that locks over the actual wheel bit is marking the steering wheel and the key is starting to bend etc now due to over use.

Now, I've got the leather interior and the wheel is leather too (i assume all leons are?)

Who's got what for visual-type deterrants in their leon, and what do people recommend?

ideally when I'm driving I want something relatively small, or at least something that breaks down into smaller bits, so I can hide it away under a seat or whatever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated folks. Ta ;)

chris_m

Aug 30, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've got one of those full wheel Disklock things, certainly looks the part and i would imagine puts the odd 'have-a-go-pikey' off. I find it fits perfectly behind my seat on the floor too.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
hmmm, i thought that they were a lot bigger than that.. the space under the seat is tiny...

Trying to think if its really necessary to be honest, these leon's are quite hard to actually steel. Its more the contents of the car i suppose.

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
i use disklok on mine most of the time, unfortunately it sits in the passenger footwell when not in use as it slides around in the boot otherwise, pain in the backside to me, just hope a potential thief thinks the same.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh, I might not use it anymore. Not sure yet. It is a bit of a hassle, and I think if the car contents would be nicked, and the car wouldnt.
We'll see. Not sure what to do yet. Just want opinions, so keep em coming!

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
up to you if you don't want to use any form of additional wheel-lock from here on in, but remember, no matter how easy or difficult a car is to steal, to me it's also to do with visually deterring the amateur thief muppets who might have a go if they see your car sitting 'bare' so to speak. at least with the full disklok (which does fit under the seat if you put it in from back door) some, hopefully the majority of thieves will be put off. with nothing, they might not be [B)].

you have to weigh up the 'hassle' of using something like disklok against the HASSLE of getting your car fixed after some muppet's tried to steal it cause you had no disklok to put him / her off.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.