split rear seats on Mk2

craigomatic

Hi

The drivers side rear seat won't fold down on my tolly. The passenger side has easily, but when I lifted the catch on the other side it came out in my hand. Is here another way to free the catch?

Dai Rob

Apr 11, 2008
Blaenau Gwent
Hi Craig (?)

You have a problem similar to mine - only mine was self inflicted (I put the seat back up and trapped the seat belt in the mechanism, to only way out was to force the catch thus breaking the plastic handle in the process!)

To drop the seat on my Toledo, I have created a hook wire that fits into the 'hole' left by the plastic handle. The hook then goes in to the catch and by lifting the wire the catch is operated and the seat can be moved.

I will try and get some pictures on here for you as a guide as soon as I get the chance.

alansattic

Hi, Iknow this is a little late, but just had the same problem with my seat.
I went into the boot and with a screwdriver pushed the locking mechanism up so that the seat went forwards. \\\\you can see the "U" shape it locks onto.
Looking at the plastic lever it wasn't broken so I pushed it back into position, making sure it located the hole at the bottom. I had to lift the mechanism to make sure the rod went in completely and was tight. as this was the first time it has happened all went ok. I'll just be a bit more careful when pulling it up next time.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise