split -r

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
nooo its not another which DV thread!

i recently posted up about how to get hold of one of the Blanking caps to convert the Split - R to fully recirculating, contacted forge and they sent me one out FOC pretty good of them!

just fitted it on, and tbh iv noticed a pretty big difference personally when giving it some, before it sounded like it was 'leaking' or dumping the air out slightly when going through the revs but doesn't seem to do that now!! a lot smoother through the gears

anyone else blanked theirs off? noticed any difference?

tommy2008cupra

i was thinking of doing this was it really much diff? how much was blanking plate?

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
nothing mate, i just contacted forge and said that i had been on there website looking for the blanking plate but couldnt see it, asked how much and if i could order one and they asked for my adress and sent one free of charge!

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Forge customer service is outstanding, i had a spilt r for a couple years and it possibly became faulty, so i phoned them to ask if they do a service kit for them but they dont require service, instead they just sent me a new one and i returned the old one... carnt ask for more

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
nah thats right maybe thats why they are so popular, not just for good quality products not always about that its the after service u get too!

tommy2008cupra

oops lol should have read it better thats alrite then mate bargain, did it boost stronger or anything?

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
yea it seemed like at was a much smoother pull through the gears, and i used to get, as i got higher through the revs of each gear the DV was leaking air, constant dumping but not no more feels errm stronger pull if u get me

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
yea it seemed like at was a much smoother pull through the gears, and i used to get, as i got higher through the revs of each gear the DV was leaking air, constant dumping but not no more feels errm stronger pull if u get me

mine used get something like this, as the boost looses pressure higher in the revs the valve starts to drop and the atmospheric port opening becomes visable so slight air escapes...

tommy2008cupra

hmm i may have to get one as my split was alredy on there without one so i would like to see if there is any difference?

bla1n3

Nov 14, 2008
Ipswich
yea that's right that's how it is! i thought well maybe a different colored tensioned spring that forge do may cure this, but also thought may as well try it fully recirculating and seems to do the job, also noticed that u still get a sound too but not as loud seems more higher pitched too, i like it :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise