Split breather

kevsn

Feb 19, 2010
Earth
Hi all.

Quick question for you guys would a split breather pipe throw a engine management light

cheers

kevsn

Feb 19, 2010
Earth
The breather from the top front rocker cover ( the one that splits from one to two ) has a massive split in it. I've got an engine managment light on. It's in the garage for warranty work now. The guy reckons this could be the problem. It came back with something like low boost pressure intermittent.

kevsn

Feb 19, 2010
Earth
yeah ive heard these are prone to go on these engine the previous owner just wrapped tape round it.

yeah they scanned for fault code but im not sure of the code. there was a code then it just said low boost pressure intermitent. the car seems to be running ok. plenty of pull

wasnt sure wether the garage was just making that as an exuse as it is waranty work. its gettting replaced now so hopefully that will sort it (i hope so anyway)

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2007
will cause issues but not an EML light, not on the earlier Cupra's anyway from my experience.

kevsn

Feb 19, 2010
Earth
looks like ive got something else not quiet right then.

havent got the car back yet. hopefully get it back tommorrow. im not looking forward to it like coz i just know after 10 mind of driving the light will come back on and ill have to take it back in.

thanks to you all

kevsn

Feb 19, 2010
Earth
i just hope its nowt serious. low boost pressure intermitent doesnt sound good to me.

why didnt i stick with my 04 bora tdi sport. (oh yeah it wasnt quick enough)lol