Split breather pipe

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
me too, replace with silicon and a t-piece... awesome to a replacement for this, but its pricey.. cost me circa 12quid to fix mine i think.

wardy

Thanks for the responses, after my "panic" post I did a bit of searching, the concencus seems to be OK to drive but get it fixed ASAP. . . . . VW, Seat and Audi don't stock them, I'll have to get one ordered and sort it next week. Cheers

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
Thanks for the responses, after my "panic" post I did a bit of searching, the concencus seems to be OK to drive but get it fixed ASAP. . . . . VW, Seat and Audi don't stock them, I'll have to get one ordered and sort it next week. Cheers

would seriously recommend you replace with silicone mate, stops it happening again... which it will

wardy

Considering that it seems quite common on here I was suprised they didn't stock them, but I phoned Aylesbury Seat and VW / Audi and MK Seat and none had them in stock.

I'll get one ordered, it just looks like three clips fairly easy job . . is that a good assumption?

There's always something I did the front discs and pads in the week, first change 70 000 miles and
warning light hadn't come on. . . .

jase20vt

Mar 6, 2009
bloxwich walsall
BE VERY CAREFULL!!when removing the bottom clip, the pipe its attached to is plastic and is so easy to break, as i did! and apperntly they cost bout £30

midgetgem

Jul 20, 2006
Carlisle
BE VERY CAREFULL!!when removing the bottom clip, the pipe its attached to is plastic and is so easy to break, as i did! and apperntly they cost bout £30

did the exact same thig last week! sh!t myself :cartman: but managed to repair at work with heat shrink

I got mine from an audi dealers so if you've got one in your area give them a shout

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Mate im having this exact same problem. Split in the EXACT same place, its one hell of a rip and some serious boost lossage. I can feel the power, its near enough non existence. proper b*tch tryna source the silicone hose. Nowhere to be seen on ebay.

wardy

I couldn't find one on ebay either but I contacted the ebayer "volksbits" and he had one that wasn't on ebay. Great service had it in a few days. Cheers

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Hey wardy, just wanted to know if you managed to source a silicone replacement? And if so where did ya get it from? Cheers buddy

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
I got the pipe from audi 3 weeks ago(cheaper than Seat) they said they didn't stock it at first, but after further checking they found they did but the part number was now changed which is why they couldn't locate it.I'll dig it out if you require:)

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Yeh if u dont mind dippy mate that would be great. But would i be right in thinking it would be a standard rubber replacement if its comign direct from the dealers? Im actually after the silicon upgrade if im being honest. Lasts longer, looks better and can hold the boost with ease and without splitting.

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
i wanted the uprated one too, tried to find the one adam recommened before but company went bust. the one i got from audi was a little thicker and more sturdy then the the previous one i had on, but would agree to uprate if you can get one.

Part number on invoice is A06A 103 221 BH, description- 12E01 Hose

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.